if hunts are still being tweaked, can beefalo be added?

It should only do this when there are very few beefalo in the world because otherwise it looks way more annoying than helpful most the time.

Maybe instead it could spawn an always aggressive alpha beefalo with its own drops, who also drops 8 meat and can reproduce normal beefalo at faster rate

11 minutes ago, prettynuggets said:

i only agree with this if the hunted beefalo didnt have ability to make herd having more babies etc.
i usually run the server and my most absolute annoyance is where i can find random beefalo abandoned and make new herd out of nowhere.

Then what would the point of adding it be?

I think this is a good idea if beefalo are few in number or extinct, but I don't think it should happen (or at least it should be very rare) if there are plenty of beefalo. If there are already lots of beefalo and I could just go to the savannah and kill one or shave one whenever I needed to, I'd feel let down, cheated even, if I followed a full set of hunt tracks and ended up finding a single ordinary beefalo at the end instead of a koalefant or even an ewecus or varg.

14 hours ago, Master_NiX said:

i'd love grass gecko's spawn too that way.
Gecko's are already suicidal enough.

Hunts are for large animals, so I'm not sure that'd fit too well. I think some sort of regrowth system in the savannah would probably make more sense.

4 hours ago, Masked Koopa said:

Hunts are for large animals, so I'm not sure that'd fit too well. I think some sort of regrowth system in the savannah would probably make more sense.

Beefalo in Savannah can over time create new tufts if there aren't many nearby maybe..? Their poop fertilises the ground? Idk

On 10/3/2023 at 8:36 AM, Jakepeng99 said:

It should only do this when there are very few beefalo in the world because otherwise it looks way more annoying than helpful most the time.

I can die to varg intentionally and haunt it so it summons more hounds infinitely. It wouldn't be worse than some things in game already are. If someone gonna want to be annoying they will torch your base. 

I'm saying we can be trusted with any amount of herds. Just add some weapon maybe that requires beef horn and automatically people will kill the beef they find and there will be no "Oh it's not koalefant :(" situation. 

14 minutes ago, Wonz said:

I can die to varg intentionally and haunt it so it summons more hounds infinitely. It wouldn't be worse than some things in game already are. If someone gonna want to be annoying they will torch your base. 

I'm saying we can be trusted with any amount of herds. Just add some weapon maybe that requires beef horn and automatically people will kill the beef they find and there will be no "Oh it's not koalefant :(" situation. 

Yeah but if you find a beefalo instead of a koala, it is just depressing.

It is not hard to spread existing beefalo herds already.

2 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

Yeah but if you find a beefalo instead of a koala, it is just depressing.

Kinda avoidable if done in savanna I guess. That's what OP suggested. I am all about having control and avoiding RNG. I am certified top 1 RNG hater, the CEO of  image.png.e516942a8c4ae7301c4c486016bbd2d2.png%

17 hours ago, SuperDonuts said:

Grass gecko already have a respawn mechanism. And beefalo do not.

You mean them transforming from Grass Tuft?
I'd rather have them respawn naturally than cause me to lose tufts and then go die by the tall bird/hound.

Archived