Sawhorse should not be locked behind pearl

Furniture and decoration is a great thing to add to the game, and the current ones look nice, though why is such basic furniture locked behind a very specific and hidden interaction with pearl of all things?

You need to either beat fuelweaver to find the hidden shadows or know a very hidden chest combination, and then build the relic chair near pearl for her to give the blueprint to the sawhorse.

Screenshot_20230929-151313_Discord.thumb.jpg.c8976030fe30d54dcbaca079359d4dcb.jpg

Make the furniture accessable by simply making the sawhorse a regular science machine craft. No reason why it should be hidden in a very specific easter egg or anything. As for pearl, it would make more sense if she were to give the blueprint for a personalised chair for her rather than the saw horse. 

Just now, Jakepeng99 said:

It is locked behind pearl. I don't know what you are proving.

I mean chair blueprint can be get in the cave. Then you can make a chair.

You can sail then get a letter to locate where the pearl island.

Good things need some work, no pain no gain.

5 minutes ago, wiiliam said:

I mean chair blueprint can be get in the cave. Then you can make a chair.

You can sail then get a letter to locate where the pearl island.

Good things need some work, no pain no gain.

I know the chair can be gotten that way i already mentioned it, but purely decorational basic furniture locked behind something so specific and random? Why should it?

Klei mentioned wanting to give better hints for things, and then made wooden chair and table locked behind a very hidden and random process. Should be easily accessable to everyone.

3 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

Klei mentioned wanting to give better hints for things, and then made wooden chair and table locked behind a very hidden and random process. Should be easily accessable to everyone.

You do not know the power the Wooden Vase holds in this current patch

Yeah, I strongly dislike how getting basic furniture is locked behind not just an obscure interaction in the ruins, but that and ALSO behind Pearl. I refuse to believe that our survivors can refine boards, build wardrobes, chests, fences, houses and many more things with wood... but can't make a simple wood chair or a table? DS logic is not new to me, but this is too far. The station to make the basic furniture should be always available, after science machine or alchemy engine at most.

4 minutes ago, gamehun20 said:

You do not know the power the Wooden Vase holds in this current patch

I don't know if there is some sort of exploit or something, though i am not against gaining new furnuture this way (like pearl furnature or something), it is because this is the basic furniture set locked behind a large process. Message above by Sonic voices it perfectly

Just now, Jakepeng99 said:

I don't know if there is some sort of exploit or something, though i am not against gaining new furnuture this way (like pearl furnature or something), it is because this is the basic furniture set locked behind a large process.

the largeness of this task is questionable

I strongly agree that the Sawhorse and the basic wooden furniture should not be locked behind some strange out of the way methods. I can't currently think of another game that does this for cosmetic buildings, take Terraria for example, if I recall, you can make basic furniture off the bat with the crafting bench.

...but here in the constant you need to explore the deepest caves, find the ruins of an ancient civilization, discover blueprints of another time, embark on a voyage to the seas, find a message in a jar and follow its contents to a small little island, where you show this ancient chair to the island's only inhabitant, who mocks it and only then gives you a blueprint to the station required to make a chair out of sticks, ropes, and boards.

...what?

anyways, sorry for the long post, I just find the process of obtaining the furniture strange-!

3 minutes ago, Harrowick said:

I strongly agree that the Sawhorse and the basic wooden furniture should not be locked behind some strange out of the way methods. I can't currently think of another game that does this for cosmetic buildings, take Terraria for example, if I recall, you can make basic furniture off the bat with the crafting bench.

...but here in the constant you need to explore the deepest caves, find the ruins of an ancient civilization, discover blueprints of another time, embark on a voyage to the seas, find a message in a jar and follow its contents to a small little island, where you show this ancient chair to the island's only inhabitant, who mocks it and only then gives you a blueprint to the station required to make a chair out of sticks, ropes, and boards.

...what?

anyways, sorry for the long post, I just find the process of obtaining the furniture strange-!

I remember in the stream Klei wanted people to not need to google things as much and they have been doing a great job with the scrapbook, it is odd that this process is in the same update.

2 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

Make the furniture accessable by simply making the sawhorse a regular science machine craft. No reason why it should be hidden in a very specific easter egg or anything. As for pearl, it would make more sense if she were to give the blueprint for a personalised chair for her rather than the saw horse. 

Let her give you a gramophone recipe and CDs as a reward for the chair. This is logical. But a drawing of a "workbench on wood" could be obtained, for example, for killing a huge tree keeper, or simply obtained on a scientific machine, but with more expensive crafting

3 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

They said they wanted the game mechanics to be more transparent in the roadmap but in the very next update they introduced planar damage and defense. Those are the most obscure mechanics in the game. Ain't no way a player would figure out why monsters suddenly attack them for a ton of damage and the armor they relied on for 200 days or so doesn't help. It does seem they're trying but old habits die hard. The CC and AF quests are still impossible to figure out without the wiki, too.

4 minutes ago, maxwell_winters said:

They said they wanted the game mechanics to be more transparent in the roadmap but in the very next update they introduced planar damage and defense. Those are the most obscure mechanics in the game. Ain't no way a player would figure out why monsters suddenly attack them for a ton of damage and the armor they relied on for 200 days or so doesn't help. It does seem they're trying but old habits die hard. The CC and AF quests are still impossible to figure out without the wiki, too.

I don't think planar is that bad, though they have been trying to add new things to the scrap book to help both issues. I still feel like a quick summary of planar would be nice via clicking on the icon, or having a new section for small mechanic details.

Just now, Theukon-dos said:

I do agree that the sawhorse should just be a basic craft. But I have to admit: It's quite hilarious how Klei's answer to players wanting the ocean to have more stuff was to lock basic woodcarving behind it.

Pearl offering the craft as a blueprint would not be that bad even if i would rather it as basic craft. I did love pearl getting some love even if it should be changed in some way, like her offering her own furiniture. New friendship quest is neat.

1 minute ago, Creatorofswamps said:

Yes just swap the workbench on wood with the gramophone in places

I would rather pearl give a furniture set even though it is a big thing to suddenly ask for, maybe just some seats, table, painting and art. It could be like the old fishing advert system where you give the blueprint to the sawhorse and it allows you to make those items.

Archived