[Game Update] - 571392

DiogoW

• Developer

Hello survivors!

This is a small hotfix to address some concerning bugs and others we've seen along the way.

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed checking traps mounted on beefalos not working correctly when using the action key (ALL).
  • Fixed food inside follower inventories spoiling when the player travels between worlds (ALL).
  • Fixed a crash that occurred upon extinguishing a burning pine cone or evergreen sapling (RoG).
  • Fixed followers duplicating after ascending or descending cave levels and then traveling between worlds (SW, HAM).
  • Fixed Water Beefalo wandering outside the mangrove biome (SW, HAM).
  • Fixed Tar Lamp not having a chance to ignite enemies (SW, HAM).
  • Fixed player and world data being erased sometimes when climbing the volcano (SW, HAM).
  • Fixed hammering Doydoy Nests not dropping the Doydoy Egg, if the nest contained one. (SW, HAM).
  • Fixed "The Blue Sow" and "The Jeweled Truffle" pedestals spawning in front of pig ruins doors (HAM).
  • Fixed Iron Hulk parts sometimes missing in world generation (HAM).

Notes for Modders:

• Added folder_name and locale constants and ChooseTranslationTable function to the mod info environment.

Edit: (09/18): Fixed a crash caused by enabling certain mods.

View full update

• Like 21
  • Thanks 5
  • Health 2
  • Big Ups 2

Will it be possible to fix the glitch with Hamlet world generation?

Generating Hamlet worlds above the default size causes them to generate for over 15-20 minutes i am not joking. Large seems to most commonly cause this bug but it can happen on Medium aswell.

Apparently it's a known and old bug from what i gathered when looking up the problem.

Any other world generated be it RoG or SW regardless of size (Large or Huge) and world settings generates in few seconds max 1-2 minutes. 

Edited by ALCRD
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheKingDedede said:

Huh, I had a world that had this happen to me and I thought I wasn't being thorough enough in trying to find the missing piece. Thanks for the fix.

I thought I was going nuts when I couldn't find one of the hulk pieces in my most recent world

On 9/6/2023 at 6:09 PM, whitecode said:

Uh, console updates?

On 9/5/2023 at 2:53 PM, DiogoW said:

Hello @Starman7408 and @keats95

We are working on it! Some things needed to be updated first so we can port the changes to consoles.

We don't have an estimated release date for the update on consoles, but we appreciate your patience.

On 10/22/2023 at 3:58 PM, Merthttt_ said:

hi, is there any crossplay plan for the game in future updates or don't starve together on mobile?

Simply put... no. DS is a standalone game which has been around 10+ years and DLC/Updates are complete (no more updates will be made to the game, development is done). Klei has had plans for years to fix the existing bugs in the core game but have said numerous times they won't be adding any new content after the 2023 Update.

DST questions should go in that forum. Developers have acknowledged fan interest, but there are no plans to move it to mobile platforms as of yet. The game is still being updated on PC and consoles. 

Edited by Evan7
grammar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/25/2023 at 11:15 PM, Evan7 said:

Simply put... no. DS is a standalone game which has been around 10+ years and DLC/Updates are complete (no more updates will be made to the game, development is done). Klei has had plans for years to fix the existing bugs in the core game but have said numerous times they won't be adding any new content after the 2023 Update.

DST questions should go in that forum. Developers have acknowledged fan interest, but there are no plans to move it to mobile platforms as of yet. The game is still being updated on PC and consoles.

DS is 10 years old.
DST is 7 years old.

DS receives unique content for 3 years.

DST receives unique content for 7+ years.

Where fix 10 years nightmare creature bug ? Where graphic fix ?

Why DS not standalone game, but DST beta test