Revised Webber skill tree suggestions also Klei I don’t care about credit add or take inspiration from any of my suggestions as you please all I ask is you take them into consideration+Fan ideas welcome(great place to use to make everyone happy)

How dear this webber delete my funny ____ I will now take this to heart and do nothing about it and forgot it another time

Screenshot 2023-08-10 21.29.29.jpg

27 minutes ago, Good Ol Mactusk said:

How dear this webber delete my funny ____ I will now take this to heart and do nothing about it and forgot it another time

Screenshot 2023-08-10 21.29.29.jpg

On Second thoughs, I think I might've forgot to post it in the first place, sorry mate

• Like 1
  • Potato Cup 9

On 8/11/2023 at 6:18 AM, loopuleasa said:

Mention it when people ask for it.

For instance in my thread about tech trees for all characters it was fitting.

Ok any way about the dots got any ideas on how to do it from the phone or should I just wait until I get home to my computer 

Edited by Dr.Webber
  • Like 1

Half baked ideas:

wouldn’t it be cool if Webber’s sides picked different sides in the canon and we get a third alignment skin for him it could be called the war torn skin or the spider king skin or symbiosis skin or if Webber could craft a Webber pacific spider type based on webber's skull not just a switcherdoodle but full on craft a spider

Edited by Dr.Webber
  • Like 1

i don't agree with the "human side" I don't think it goes with his theme, and some skills seem too OP or that they have too many things that the Devs would never put, I don't play Webber so I don't know what he's missing, but I know he has a lot of possibilities for the skill tree, I think it would be cool, if he had two sides to the tree, one to command and the other to be commanded, being a spider dictator, or being a spider-queen warrior, I also think he needs to have perks to improve the silk farm , and obviously a Skill to trap enemies in the web or he could connect two sides with spider web to cross over water, but imagine a Webber commanding an army of buffed spiders, mounted on a Spider-queen, or a Webber serving the Spider-queen just like Wurt does with the king of merms, receiving buffs to his own status, and creating different types of nests of spider, 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, BrunoMasterNps said:

i don't agree with the "human side" I don't think it goes with his theme, and some skills seem too OP or that they have too many things that the Devs would never put, I don't play Webber so I don't know what he's missing, but I know he has a lot of possibilities for the skill tree, I think it would be cool, if he had two sides to the tree, one to command and the other to be commanded, being a spider dictator, or being a spider-queen warrior, I also think he needs to have perks to improve the silk farm , and obviously a Skill to trap enemies in the web or he could connect two sides with spider web to cross over water, but imagine a Webber commanding an army of buffed spiders, mounted on a Spider-queen, or a Webber serving the Spider-queen just like Wurt does with the king of merms, receiving buffs to his own status, and creating different types of nests of spider, 

What about the human side doesn’t fit with his theme and what about his character make you think he’d ever be a dictator and what pacifically do you think is to op

• Like 1

Hello Dr. Webber!

I am but a humble DST player, looking to create my own Webber Skilltree. I would be deeply humbled if I may take inspiration from your Skilltree & implement some skills in different methods and manners of my own. Your efforts of spreading your Skilltree is one of the reasons why I was inspired to make some of my own original Skilltrees, so, I would like to say, Thank You.

• you unlock the ability to befriend queens but  sense having them as a faction is unrealistically overpowered I’m thinking a merm/pig king(put the queen decorating set (a den decorating set but doesn’t stop the growth timer) put meat in it like how wurt put materials in the DIY royalty kit upon feeding spider queens meat Webber gets  spider eggs/webs and possibly even sleeping nurse spiders  like merm/pig king gifts and rewards) or beefalo sort of thing( same as last one but replace anything  after the meat with being able to use it on any queen as long as yo feed it the proper amount of meat you can park it and everything same claw attack as normal same walk but you can  steer and they can get skins by highjacking one of those beefalo skin changing stations)

This is cool. I don't have a strong sense of balance when it comes to creating new skills & infact like things the more OP they are & the less limitations they give & taming Spider Queens as Webber is logical

On 7/17/2023 at 8:24 AM, Dr.Webber said:

Entomology:

• Learn how not to disturb bugs.
  • All crafts involving bug related stuff are made more efficiently.
  • More butterflies spawn when near flowers.

I like these as well. But why would butterflies like to spawn more if there's a giant hideous spider which could kill them in one hit? No offense Dr. Webber. (Butterflies aren't the smartest but still). Would it be because of Webber's kind, innocent human side? Then I can imagine from the butterflies perspective "Wow! What a nice day & I sense a kind presence. I wonder who it could be- SWEET MOTHER OF NECTAR WHAT IN CHARLIE'S NAME IS THAT".

• What if shadow and mutated switcher doodles were made like shatter switcher doodles but replace the two moon glass with two pure horror or two pure brilliance  and they would have one attack and don’t eat what’s on the ground  each mirroring each other reflective of the equal and opposite thing going on the attack is when they bite it’s a poison bite like shipwreck spider warriors but the  greenish yellow particle effect and border are ether  black with red highlights or blue with white highlights  depending on whether there shadow or lunar alined and each spider is more powerful against   Mobs of opposite alignment and suffer less damage from those of the same alignment and you can craft shadow/lunar crowning candy crafted with royal jam ,monster meat and pure horror/brilliance   your baby spiders turn into nurses(if there a beard skin nurse spider of the  corresponding Webber skin)  and sleeps more effective in pseudo den

I like this the most. Having create new spiders with endgame materials is really creative & adapting ideas from other DS games is something I haven't particularly done yet.

That's all. Once again, Thank You Dr. Webber.:wickerbottomthanks::snarlingspider:

• Like 1

On 8/30/2023 at 11:53 AM, Dr.Webber said:

what about his character make you think he’d ever be a dictator

he's basically a spider dictator, right?
is that the skill tree has two sides (not counting the wormwood) with the lunar affinity and the shadow affinity, I thought that his Dark side could be a Dictator, and because I think it would be cool for him to be able to ride the spider-queen, but the only way for him to do that would be to enslave her and steal the crown since she is the Queen

On 8/30/2023 at 11:53 AM, Dr.Webber said:

What about the human side doesn’t fit with his theme

in general everything related to the farm, it doesn't make sense anymore in Webber with the Existence of Wormwood

• Like 1

On 8/31/2023 at 12:00 PM, Saladmanders said:

Hello Dr. Webber!

I am but a humble DST player, looking to create my own Webber Skilltree. I would be deeply humbled if I may take inspiration from your Skilltree & implement some skills in different methods and manners of my own. Your efforts of spreading your Skilltree is one of the reasons why I was inspired to make some of my own original Skilltrees, so, I would like to say, Thank You.

This is cool. I don't have a strong sense of balance when it comes to creating new skills & infact like things the more OP they are & the less limitations they give & taming Spider Queens as Webber is logical

I like these as well. But why would butterflies like to spawn more if there's a giant hideous spider which could kill them in one hit? No offense Dr. Webber. (Butterflies aren't the smartest but still). Would it be because of Webber's kind, innocent human side? Then I can imagine from the butterflies perspective "Wow! What a nice day & I sense a kind presence. I wonder who it could be- SWEET MOTHER OF NECTAR WHAT IN CHARLIE'S NAME IS THAT".

I like this the most. Having create new spiders with endgame materials is really creative & adapting ideas from other DS games is something I haven't particularly done yet.

That's all. Once again, Thank You Dr. Webber.:wickerbottomthanks::snarlingspider:

I’d be happy to have some of my ideas in your skill tree take all of them if you like it doesn’t really matter to me who gets credit it just matters that it get out there and if your only taking the couple you don’t have to but could you link my skill tree so people who somehow haven’t come across my skill tree but come across yours  they can see the rest of them 

im excited to see what you think of and who knows  maybe I’ll barrow some of your 

On 8/31/2023 at 12:00 PM, Saladmanders said:
On 7/17/2023 at 2:24 AM, Dr.Webber said:

Well it’s more about not being noticed and creating a peak bug watching environment + I wanted something butterfly related 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/31/2023 at 3:12 PM, BrunoMasterNps said:

he's basically a spider dictator, right?
is that the skill tree has two sides (not counting the wormwood) with the lunar affinity and the shadow affinity, I thought that his Dark side could be a Dictator, and because I think it would be cool for him to be able to ride the spider-queen, but the only way for him to do that would be to enslave her and steal the crown since she is the Queen

I get what you mean but  his triumphant bread skin quotes   suggests  he’s more of a light hearted mustache twirling villain not that edgy i enslave people villain  and I get the feeling the spider half stepped up a bit based on the triumphant skin quote who is even more and even if he wasn’t the fact he straight about the eat as opposed to Wurt’s triumphant quote suggests the good hearted child is shining through and haven’t you ever gotten a piggy back ride form a maternal  figure and I think the queen part of her name is more akin to an queen ant or a queen bee more of a mother then royalty especially sense Webber’s of her is “mommy longlegs”

On 8/31/2023 at 3:12 PM, BrunoMasterNps said:
On 8/30/2023 at 9:53 AM, Dr.Webber said:

in general everything related to the farm, it doesn't make sense anymore in Webber with the Existence of Wormwood

Well there more to farming than the plants there’s Technique,there’s tools and technology, there’s the fauna 

I think there are some things wormwood would be better at and some things Webber would be  

• Like 1

On 9/2/2023 at 1:46 AM, Arde said:

Heres an idea for webbers lunar alignment

What if all/some of webbers normal spiders would turn into shattered spiders on a full moon

I could do a verification of it and have all shattered/all spider be turned in to mutated or shadow spider depending on what alignment you have

for mutated it’s more  perfect the design

for shadow it’s more turning the spiders in to a shadow equivalent with an extra kick to one up the moon 

Edited by Dr.Webber
  • Like 1

On 9/2/2023 at 1:46 AM, Arde said:

Heres an idea for webbers lunar alignment

What if all/some of webbers normal spiders would turn into shattered spiders on a full moon

Or I have an other idea is what if when you are alined then when spiders die they go through a similar transformation that hounds do when turning into horror hounds and turn in to mutated spiders for lunar

and go through a similar transformation as the ancients did when turning into nightmare creatures to turn in to shadow spiders for shadow 

Edited by Dr.Webber
  • Like 2

I disagree on a sanity drain for your spider minions dying. I feel like the point of befriending spiders is that having minions is inherently advantageous. However, if you were penalized because an enemy rook just murdered 60 of your depth crawlers in one sweep, I don't think that would be fair to the player. 

Mechanically, I think Webber is complete, and he doesn't need new tools. It could be refined a bit however, and I think there are a few minor interactions that could be added, such as the usage of the spiderhat, and maybe also some advantages when crafting clothing items. Otherwise, he is already quite a strong and safe character; it doesn't really make sense to give him a massive overhaul when his abilities are already so good. Soon enough, they'll add a skill tree for all of the characters, and that will be enough for Webber. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Illumunaire said:

I disagree on a sanity drain for your spider minions dying. I feel like the point of befriending spiders is that having minions is inherently advantageous. However, if you were penalized because an enemy rook just murdered 60 of your depth crawlers in one sweep, I don't think that would be fair to the player. 

Mechanically, I think Webber is complete, and he doesn't need new tools. It could be refined a bit however, and I think there are a few minor interactions that could be added, such as the usage of the spiderhat, and maybe also some advantages when crafting clothing items. Otherwise, he is already quite a strong and safe character; it doesn't really make sense to give him a massive overhaul when his abilities are already so good. Soon enough, they'll add a skill tree for all of the characters, and that will be enough for Webber. 

His Compendium literally says he care deeply about his friends human or otherwise 

and besides it’s not that much anyway it literally only 1 sanity per minute of being in range of befriended spiders dying as a whole not increasing by spider it’s really just something to make the game more accurate to the lore

when you said usage of the spiderhat did you mean without an alternative way of getting it without killing her because theat doesn’t really suit his character because she not evil just a territorial mother, she’s neutral to him, and he seems to be found of her based on the fact that his quote for her is “mommy-longlegs”

C8CD3865-42D4-47BF-B7BD-18FF287D719A.webp

Edited by Dr.Webber
  • Like 2

On 9/7/2023 at 9:49 PM, Illumunaire said:

Webber needs quite alot of tlc. His current spider balance is pretty bland with just spitters with the essential nurses being the best in every single situation and scenario besides the water spiders who can walk on water.

• Like 1