What is going on Nightmare Werepig?

I am trying to start the Nightmare Werepig fight. Not sure if I did something wrong because it is not working. I mined the pillars down but now when I go to hit with pickaxe to activate them it just says 'not strong enough...just like me.' And throws me back a bit.

I thought you just needed to hit all 3 with pickaxe to get them going but it won't work for me.

Playing as Wendy don't think that matters though.

Any insight?

1 minute ago, jrthekidRS said:

Don't Starve Together trying to figure how to communicate to players on what to do challenge (99% impossible):

and thats just one (1) boss.

Imagine new players finding out about fuelweaver and lunar champion arc. (they wont find out without side help)

and what about the lore implication? why did this pig get so SWOLE? How did this BEEFCAKE come to be? If pig turn into werepigs thanks to the moon, but its a nightmare, is it a sort of fusion between moon and shadow? Do Shadow + Moon equal RIPPED?

3 minutes ago, Wardin25 said:

and what about the lore implication? why did this pig get so SWOLE? How did this BEEFCAKE come to be? If pig turn into werepigs thanks to the moon, but its a nightmare, is it a sort of fusion between moon and shadow? Do Shadow + Moon equal RIPPED?

We prolly gonna get daywalker arc explained in a decade or so just like with fuelweaver.

This guy seems to be important, yet literally no information about him is given. And where the heck hes going after his defeat?

11 minutes ago, Dragonboooorn said:

And where the heck hes going after his defeat?

He goes back to the pillars, apparently. He's got specific lines that play after he goes back.

2 hours ago, -Variant said:

He goes back to the pillars, apparently. He's got specific lines that play after he goes back.

Specific lines such as "this isnt over"?

Literally what this supposed to mean anyway? Someone caged him, he wanted to get free but cant do this only by himself, player helps him, he attacks us, we defeat him and cycle repeats itself? why he let himself be caged if he dislikes it?

Klei when introducing new lore into the game:
-Klei comes out with a new update to DST
-Introduces a new boss/item
-Refuses to elaborate further
-Leaves it up to the community to figure it out

Lore:

"ME FOUND IT FIRST... ME!"

"I found some Pure Horror."

"ME FIND CRACK TO DARK PLACE... ME!"

"I found a shadow rift/Charlie's domain."

Archived