Please give option disable scrapbook

43 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

What's annoying about it?

It popping up every time I touch something, for starters. I don't need a tutorial after 400+ hours in this game.

21 minutes ago, veridianne said:

It popping up every time I touch something, for starters. I don't need a tutorial after 400+ hours in this game.

Like it actually opens up everytime you touch something or does it just notify you in the corner of the screen that you unlocked an entry?

Cause if it's the first scenario then yikes that needs to be changed..

18 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Like it actually opens up everytime you touch something or does it just notify you in the corner of the screen that you unlocked an entry?

Cause if it's the first scenario then yikes that needs to be changed..

It needs to be changed either way. OP is right that it is way too intrusive and annoying.

This post right here, having the option to turn it off forever would be perfect.

That and I don't like the position of the the pop up, if it were next to the map icon instead that would be perrrrrrrrrrfeccccttttttt :love_heart:

It's super annoying that a spot reserved for notifications you want to click asap to make them go away (gifts, Wilson points) is almost permanently taken up by a pop up most people won't need on a daily basis.

Two ideas I have and seen would change it so the notification isn't permanent, having it hide itself after a few seconds of appearing

Or Turning the Scrapbook into an item like a cookbook with an option to enable notifications only if the item is in your inventory, the notification you wouldn't be able to click on and would also disappear after a few seconds

I think the Scrapbook is fine for what it is, it's just invasive and spends too much time on your HUD if ignored, which people may opt into doing because of how frequently you can trigger it to appear with how many entries there are

You should be able to opt into it if you care, and opt out if you don't care, having it by default be on so new players know that it exists and to find out what it is, while people who already know as good as everything can just not need to tolerate it

I've covered the idea more in depth in my topic below

1 hour ago, Ryusuta said:

It needs to be changed either way. OP is right that it is way too intrusive and annoying.

I dunno about intrusive. It might be the size of my ui, but where it's positioned, it hardly ever gets in the way of gameplay and isn't all too disruptive. Though, I do think there should be an option to disable the notification instead of turning it into an item like the cook book. It seems like a tool Klei wants new players to have in their back pocket, looking up a creatures hp and dmg to know the right way to approach, the nutrition and spoil time of food, or to see how much damage their weapon deals. It's such an invaluable tool for learning more about the world and items to not have it on your person.

I'd certainly like an option to disable the notification. I don't think the Scrapbook needs to become an item - it kind of defeats the purpose. Having it accessible through the Pause menu is good.

17 minutes ago, Habakkuk said:

I prefer it as a book that you craft, so you get information if you have it with you in your inventory.

You'd still get information regardless of if you have the book or not, it'd just be a way to access the Scrapbook catalog.

That's implying it'd become an item, simply doing something about the notifications should be enough of a change, as well as adding some new buttons to the Scrapbook itself, like marking all as read or sorting by most recent updates.

Toggling notifications between on and off would be great, having them hide themselves after appearing for a moment would be a nice change too. They'll still appear but won't permanently be in the corner of your vision if ignored.

Archived