[Game Update] - Public Testing 559498 & 559761

4 hours ago, Gurgel said:

So far they are doing this well, I think. Not a path the big publishers would chose, does not mean it cannot work.

Constant development of the core game features results in selling more copies, and it adds to the reputation of the developer. Which sells more other games. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, SharraShimada said:

Constant development of the core game features results in selling more copies, and it adds to the reputation of the developer. Which sells more other games. 

does it? people are more drawn in for shiny new things than QoL

1 hour ago, Pedro_L said:

does it? people are more drawn in for shiny new things than QoL

I doubt this heavily. Games like Grim Dawn show that constant development (patches) pays off, in both sales and positive reviews.

For my part, I prefer deep maturing and refinement of a game instead of abandoning it and moving on to another game which in turn again will be abandoned at some point. I find that useless.

Ethical transactions (or microtransactions) usually work better than something that is (forcefully) imposed. I'm ok to pay smaller amounts sometimes for games like ONI. But I don't know yet if Klei has planned that for ONI. For now, the additional skins are limited to 3 per week and are for free. Only play time is required. Not sure what Klei plans for this in the future. 

5 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

I hope so. It may also continue to sell ONI. Klei must have some numbers that support their current strategy, they have now been using it long enough.

On 6/1/2023 at 3:30 PM, JarrettM said:

Fixed a bug where sometimes liquids, gasses, and occasionally solids would be deleted when unloading these items from a rocket. 

This was definitely one of the fixes I was hoping for. Thank you Klei!

Generally I find new features useless and annoying, but absolutely love when you issue QoL and bug fix releases. Thanks for the fixes!