Beta next week?

I’m pretty sure the beta is going to start today.. Klei devs stated on the 27th that they had considered delaying the previous update “taking root” & had already started working with the thought they Would be delaying it, they also mention that their well on their way into developing the next few updates (with more details about that to come later)

here is a link to that post:

and also here:

Of course this isn’t concrete evidence that the beta WILL start today, and Klei devs should obviously take as much time as they need to on it. I’m simply stating I won’t be surprised at all if the beta starts later today, but if it takes longer I’m not gonna be upset about it either.

It won’t effect me either way since I’m an Xbox player, but it is always fun to read about what I’ll get to look forward to when it finally goes live to my console. :love_heart:

30 minutes ago, CyberSkink said:

I'm pretty sure it is if you saw the spoiler.

yeah you're right. man i thought i heard them say in the live stream that the next update was going to be QoL or something. 

This thread has some info. I walked away from the stream thinking a QoL was coming but I'm probably wrong and part 2 of the arc is probably next I guess

The longer it takes the better it is going to be, once they release beta they will have limited time to do any changes as usually I think beta happens when the consoles have update ready to match the PC release and the developers have limited time.

I wish we were given more time in each beta because it would be possible for them to make bigger changes and actually make the update more in line with player expectations.

17 minutes ago, BoysenSyrup said:

Weren't we like, just pissed about how rushed recent updates have felt or'

I prefer it this way to be honest, the sooner it goes into beta on PC the longer the devs have to have players playing it and giving feedback before it can then go live to Xbox & PlayStation. Should Klei rush to get updates out to meet their own self imposed deadlines? No…

But if they create a Annual Yearly Event that’s supposed to take place in Late May/Early June- then logically I would expect Midsummers Cawnival Year 3 to come out within a timely manner.

This goes true for all the other annual yearly events like Year of, WintersFeast & Hallowed Nights- absolutely NOONE wants to play a Halloween Themed update after Halloween is already over if you catch my drift.

That said: the next update is supposedly from Beyond Part 2?? Idk- Klei is very secretive about what they’re up to.

All that I DO KNOW is over on the PlayStation Foruns a Dev marked a PlayStation bug as fixed and said the patch would be out later this week, unless that patch got delayed too or just hasn’t been mentioned in the patch log, it hasn’t released yet.

It’s also important to note that the annual events (& secret crossover stuff) do NOT get beta phases cause Klei wants to release those on all platforms at the same time to experience and enjoy.

Eitherway the week isn’t over yet, and that console patch hasn’t gone live..

Take this with a grain of salt, but it’s possible Klei plans to release Midsummers Cawnival Year 3 alongside launching the upcoming PC Beta 

9 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

But if they create a Annual Yearly Event that’s supposed to take place in Late May/Early June- then logically I would expect Midsummers Cawnival Year 3 to come out within a timely manner.

Midsummers Cawnival has always come out in June, never May. And we don't get betas for any of the Seasonal Events.

9 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

absolutely NOONE wants to play a Halloween Themed update after Halloween is already over if you catch my drift.

for the past 4 years now the bulk of Hallowed Nights has taken place in November. Not saying this is how it should be, I'd probably prefer it to start at the very end of september to get in the spooky mood, but it's literally never started earlier than the 18th of Oct. and last year it lasted until the maxwell refresh which came on Nov 22.

Screen Shot 2023-05-19 at 1.12.24 PM.png

3 hours ago, dzzydzzy said:

Midsummers Cawnival has always come out in June, never May. And we don't get betas for any of the Seasonal Events.

for the past 4 years now the bulk of Hallowed Nights has taken place in November. Not saying this is how it should be, I'd probably prefer it to start at the very end of september to get in the spooky mood, but it's literally never started earlier than the 18th of Oct. and last year it lasted until the maxwell refresh which came on Nov 22.

Screen Shot 2023-05-19 at 1.12.24 PM.png

Mid Summers Cawnival started on exactly June 2nd & June 3rd respectively & lasted until the start of July. Today is the 19th of May.. & Klei devs have teased that the next update will be something to do with Shadow Rifts, this is not Midsummers Cawnival.. And since the Developers have literally gone ghost (low to no activity on the forums since April 27th..) Im going to Assume that maybe they had forgotten about the Midsummers Cawnival and had to drop everything they were currently doing to rather quickly throw together the upcoming Midsummers Cawnival Year 3.

That OR there simply just won’t BE a Cawnival this year & they can cleverly write it off as the Cawnival just didn’t come round this year.

If the next update is supposed to be the Shadow Rift stuff & not Midsummers Cawnival Year 3 (which took place on June 2nd & June 3rd) and assuming they still have Plans to release a Cawnival Year 3, that gives them roughly one week between that Rift Update & the annual yearly midsummers Cawnival.

And I don’t think we’re getting two updates back to back like that, if anything I think Klei simply got too far ahead of themselves and had forgotten about the Cawnival (hence why their activity on the forums has gone into Ghost Mode..) so the next update WONT be the Shadow Rift teased thing, and instead will be Midsummers Cawnival Year 3, With the Shadow Rift stuff following that update sometime later.

That Said: the BETA for that Shadow Rift update can start anytime between now, and the conclusion of the Midsummers Cawnival.

I just wish one of the Developers would comment on this thread & confirm rather or not the next update is still the Shadow Rift thing they teased & they had forgotten about the Cawnival, or if Year 3 of the Cawnival is next with the Rift update to follow that sometime shortly afterwards.

Either Way- Year 3 of the Midsummers Cawnival should be happening on or around June 2-3rd assuming it hasn’t been “cancelled” for this year.

19 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I just wish one of the Developers would comment on this thread & confirm rather or not the next update is still the Shadow Rift thing they teased & they had forgotten about the Cawnival, or if Year 3 of the Cawnival is next with the Rift update to follow that sometime shortly afterwards

Does it really matter that much? You can always turn on the event in the world creation menu

Archived