Is there any way to play DST without Steam?

I will not be able to use Steam sometime in the future for a long time and this is the only game I actually care about which is locked behind Steam.. I don't mind not being able to access online functions (or never getting updates for the game) but is there a way I will be able to play DST if I can't use Steam......

Any chance of a local multiplayer only DST ever coming to GOG :wilsondisappointed:?

I dont think you can legally get DST somewhere else on PC if you not using steam.

But did you know that you have rights? The constitution says so, and so do I. Your honor JoeW, my client has legally bought DST in their time on Steam, but now, due to personal reasons, came to piracy. Come to think of it, they already paid the price of the game at some point, so why does it matter if its official version or pirated??? 

Conclusion? Not guilty, end of charge.

14 minutes ago, Dragonboooorn said:

I dont think you can legally get DST somewhere else on PC if you not using steam.

But did you know that you have rights? The constitution says so, and so do I. Your honor JoeW, my client has legally bought DST in their time on Steam, but now, due to personal reasons, came to piracy. Come to think of it, they already paid the price of the game at some point, so why does it matter if its official version or pirated??? 

Dang you seem to be a great lawyer Paul shoodman, I really hope you didn’t have a nefarious past of crime.

At some point, maybe someone can refresh my memory better on the subject, I read that it was possible with your serial key to Download the game outside of steam. But I really don’t remember if that’s the case anymore or what was that fixing, or if that was maybe for DS single player instead. it may have been many years ago.

Your best bet is to ask the Klei support directly.

The alternative is to get the game for a different console. Wegame, the Chinese gaming platform also sells the game, but I’m not sure if they sell it outside of China or you will be able to play it, But at least it may be worth checking it out.

1 hour ago, Dextops said:

Dang you seem to be a great lawyer Paul shoodman, I really hope you didn’t have a nefarious past of crime.

Of course not, and I definetly dont use extra Zoom mod when I do speedruns on pubs, despite what everyone might say. Its all pure skill and luck!

10 hours ago, Dragonboooorn said:

Tell that to Nintendo and see if you survive half a day in court.

2 hours ago, ALCRD said:

I have a somewhat related question to this Steam windows 7/8 deadline.

How does both DST and DS work on Windows 11 .. any problems?

I, personally, haven't noticed any.

Archived