Problems with rockets

Any type of rocket I build with any kind of fuel and 4 full fuel tanks or more or less will always say 0 km is the maximum range I can travel. Yes I have a command capsule and a gantry and an engine and a pilot etc. I have tried every kind of rocket with many different modules and it never says I can go anywhere. In the index it lists a nosecone I can't get more info on that isn't in the game and a bunch of other crap not in the game. Pls help

Just to confirm, are you playing the DLC or Vanilla? I'm pretty sure the nosecone is only available on the DLC so I assume that's what you're playing. You'll need a nosecone if you've built the Spacefarer module, otherwise with a Solo Spacefarer nosecone it's both the capsule and the nosecone in one.

Do you also have an oxidizer tank built and fully loaded? You'll need the oxidizer to burn the fuel if using anything other than CO2 engine.

2 hours ago, RuiPalhas said:

Just to confirm, are you playing the DLC or Vanilla? I'm pretty sure the nosecone is only available on the DLC so I assume that's what you're playing. You'll need a nosecone if you've built the Spacefarer module, otherwise with a Solo Spacefarer nosecone it's both the capsule and the nosecone in one.

Do you also have an oxidizer tank built and fully loaded? You'll need the oxidizer to burn the fuel if using anything other than CO2 engine.

as far i remember there was something at vanilia game that if you added 4  then it straight made rocket non flyable  

4 hours ago, gabberworld said:

as far i remember there was something at vanilia game that if you added 4  then it straight made rocket non flyable  

Yep. At some level you essentially get less thrust than the rocket weight. DLC is different, there you immediately leave the gravity field. Hence you just get slower travel, but lift-off and landing always works. 

Archived