Sugestion: Renewability and relocation of sea stacks and ways to implement it

The main reasons for why i ask for the renewability and relocation of sea stacks are as follow:

-Make barnacles worth farming (i know this wont be enough i also would make it so a sea weed gave us multiple starters and tweak the receys)

-Decoration

-Opening the door for new content that use sea stacks

My proposition to implement this goes liek this, at max friendship, Pearl will gave us a blueprint for an item that we can attach to statues, after this we could drop the statue with this item attached on the ocean with a pinch and winch, and a few seconds after dropping it a sea stack shaped like the statue that we choosed (missing chunks, with kelpt growing on it etc) will emerge from the ocean. But aside the looks it effectevly works exactly like any other sea stack.

Another note is that maybe the item could cost a bath bomb, it will make sense thematically and will give a new use for the item since forgotten knowledge and eye of the storm they are not really worth it for farming moon glass.

Please if you have any ideas or concepts regarding the topics share them, i am curious.

I would love the possibility to renew too Sea Stacks but personally I would make it a recipe a bit similar to marble shrubs than Klei having to many new rocks after the statues, making them grow by the use of that wonderful item called Seedshells since that thing accumulate non-stop. Two birds one sea stack.

5 minutes ago, yourAnty said:

no, let the devs focus on content for everyone not for pretty base builders please :) 

making a food source more accessible is for everyone

also they decide if they want to focus part of their resources to include stuff for base builders like they already did or to add stuff for new players like they did, etc

i fully agree that seastacks need a way of being re-plantable in some fashion so that sea weeds can be placed strategically near a base. But I don't think you've nailed it on the head in terms of how that happens. I am interested in perhaps dropping something that grows but i just don't think statues make a ton of sense for this. I also don't think it needs to involve whole new assets to be animated, as ADM said.

I do like the idea of it being a trade from pearl to limit how easily it would become accessible. I also like seedshells being involved, since I'm always for adding utility to content already in the game.

Rockjaws currently drop nothing interesting. Maybe something involving them?

Alternatively, Rock Lobsters could be involved in the creation of new sea stacks.

Moon glass could have some form of involvement in this as well, since there is very little reason to bother farming for it right now.

15 hours ago, dzzydzzy said:

i fully agree that seastacks need a way of being re-plantable in some fashion so that sea weeds can be placed strategically near a base. But I don't think you've nailed it on the head in terms of how that happens. I am interested in perhaps dropping something that grows but i just don't think statues make a ton of sense for this. I also don't think it needs to involve whole new assets to be animated, as ADM said.

I do like the idea of it being a trade from pearl to limit how easily it would become accessible. I also like seedshells being involved, since I'm always for adding utility to content already in the game.

i personally think pearl deserves more trades to be more relevant on the long run, fish food is very handy item but its not worth 1 per bottle, i think something cool pearl could have to sell us are ocean plants, structures to be placed on water etc.

Also make her have another currency aside bottles, maybe she could trade barnacles/ fig recepys with her and bottles being worth more trades with her (for example for one figatonny pearl will give us 1 big fish lure, for a bottle she will give us 5)

Just a thought

I suggested exactly this on another thread haha. I think one way they can do it to avoid abusing it is to make the stacks have a certain distance between each other, and cannot be built too close to each other, similar to how other specific structures work. Also allow it to be planted in shallow water, so we can have barnacle farms nearby shore. This can also be used to make creative shenanigans with the sea weeds outside of just crab king cheese

Archived