anyone up for predicting the wilson rework?

I grew up watching a lot of cartoons and one of the survivalist tropes in all those cartoons was a stranded man with a long beard that he stashes his food inside to eat for later.

it would be funny if somehow when fully grown out Wilson’s beard could act as a storage slot to stash foods to slow or even completely prevent their spoilage times.

If Maxwell can have a Shadow Dimensional Storage, Wilson can have his beard double down as a Bundle Wrap. 

Even with it being Wilson, it's hard not to anticipate this refresh through the lens of how fearless/ambitious last year's refreshes were. I almost want to believe we'll get the Wagstaff-lite ("alt-Wagstaff"?) refresh of my dreams, especially considering the man himself is relegated to NPC status, but I'll understand if they go the other way and the whole thing ends with a refresh that looks more like a Year 1 refresh, just because it's Wilson. Difficult to say... but I can't help but dream big.

I saw a post suggesting Wilson should be able to play with any other character with unique interactions inaccessible without friend characters. For example;

Having a Willow on the server allows Wilson access to upgrading the lighter and/or Bernie, something with Wolfgang's strength, crafts for Wendy's mourning glory to upgrade Abigail, more circuit recipes or an upgrade to Jimmy, X with Wicker, Webber, Lucy, Balloons, chef pouch, duct tape, fertilizers, souls, Time pieces, slingshots. 

I would like to see no unique cooperation with Maxwell.

On 1/13/2023 at 9:41 PM, Evelo said:

Refresh not rework.
I  strike again.

oh brother, not this guy again

On 1/10/2023 at 10:20 PM, djturner said:

Even with it being Wilson, it's hard not to anticipate this refresh through the lens of how fearless/ambitious last year's refreshes were. I almost want to believe we'll get the Wagstaff-lite ("alt-Wagstaff"?) refresh of my dreams, especially considering the man himself is relegated to NPC status, but I'll understand if they go the other way and the whole thing ends with a refresh that looks more like a Year 1 refresh, just because it's Wilson. Difficult to say... but I can't help but dream big.

i wish winona filled that role 

Wilson will be able to build his own Scientific Lab Station and will need to build test tubes and beakers out of potato cups and chipbowls, and will be able to make a variety of helpful, ameliorating, and caustic potions, and also mini-volcanoes, and this will take place on February 14. <3

20 hours ago, Aeglefire said:

Wilson will be able to build his own Scientific Lab Station and will need to build test tubes and beakers out of potato cups and chipbowls, and will be able to make a variety of helpful, ameliorating, and caustic potions, and also mini-volcanoes, and this will take place on February 14. <3

for real?

On 1/13/2023 at 9:17 PM, MA7xGE said:

I saw a post suggesting Wilson should be able to play with any other character with unique interactions inaccessible without friend characters. For example;

Having a Willow on the server allows Wilson access to upgrading the lighter and/or Bernie, something with Wolfgang's strength, crafts for Wendy's mourning glory to upgrade Abigail, more circuit recipes or an upgrade to Jimmy, X with Wicker, Webber, Lucy, Balloons, chef pouch, duct tape, fertilizers, souls, Time pieces, slingshots. 

I would like to see no unique cooperation with Maxwell.

This actualy sounds awesome. A great newbie friendly character that can also help out others or gain partial benefits of those characters.

3 hours ago, gamehun20 said:

yeah but what does he get if played alone?

These are merely player speculation and are not confirmed, but Not even WES has nothing.. so Wilson will get “Something” that benefits Himself and his Playstyle without needing to fully rely on other players. Also- every other rework has added whatever was portrayed in the character portrait pictures- into being part of their actual gameplay.

0703C81C-199C-44C4-B52D-526198D686DF.thumb.png.47197596f737ca3f88027ca58ba5e88f.png

10 minutes ago, gamehun20 said:

Woodie transformations are not in the pictures

Neither are circuits for wx

Woodies completely brand New Transformations are obviously not going to be in his photos from a game designed back in 2013..

BUT… there certainly is a case to be had on WX78.

3A314C2C-78E4-4E81-AFB1-6444AEEA2A56.thumb.png.1c6fedd2c5bf3de0d78c85dfac906810.png

You can see that his Speed, Voice Box (Or Music Circuit) Circuits already existed..

and if you zoom in very close.. is that Small floating ball Jimmy?! :shock::-o

On 1/10/2023 at 2:46 PM, Brago-sama said:

Beard turf

On 1/10/2023 at 2:47 PM, luivul said:

Beard backpack

On 1/10/2023 at 2:41 PM, luivul said:

Can't wait for the beard crafting tab

great estimates, though i would think that he would be able to make serums, inventions, create experiments using live animals, y'know, the whole slightly-inhumane kinda-mad scientist trope

Archived