What's worse for your world generation?

Pain.  

82 members have voted

1. 1. What hurts you the most?

• Having a second deciduous biome.
    • Not having triple mctusk biome.
    • Meteor showers extending into other biomes.
    • Wormholes that move you 2 screens.

there are a not small chance of having a secondary meteor biome which usually is just near the oasis desert, lovely..

few time ago i played for few days in a world that had the oasis merged with the dragonfly arena, it was simply inside the df arena to the point of the birchnut trees burning because of lavaponds being to close to them

all of those are pretty bad.

well, Tusk biom only matters if you're playing with big amounts of people or as Wanda (or both), but still.

wormholes are just like that sometimes though. one day they lead just where they are needed, another day walking would save more time than using one.

with wormholes in theory I could make a door-less farm for geckos or something else. Or something funny. Never did tbh.

Meteors are annoying but usually my preferred location doesn't happen next to it. Just once I have accidentally build just two tiles from it, but it was short lived solo world when I wanted to play but my friend didn't. 

Second dedicious biome... I am mostly neutral to it.

Not having triple mctusk? With 5 other players? Even with triple we were enough unlucky to hardly get tusks, and for I think tree winters we had no tam....

Land looping is kind of annoying. It's a specific setting in world gen, but it seems to happen occasionally to varying degrees even when it's turned off. Like, look how far my desert is from everything else while there is this huge water gap in the middle. If it wasn't for the decent wormholes it'd take me forever to get anywhere.

image.png

I am torn between the Wormhole and the Meteor shower.
The extra mactusk biome is whatever, I just turn up the spawn rate so they are daily instead of every 3 days.
The extra deciduous is horrible but at least I can use a mod to remove this (and mactusk biome/guarantee it)
The wormhole and the meteor shower issue, afaik, cannot be fixed with a mod.

5 hours ago, Evelo said:

The wormhole and the meteor shower issue, afaik, cannot be fixed with a mod.

There is a mod that makes wormholes telelocatable. Also there is a mod called "force biomes" that makes player able to force/disable all optional biomes in the game, including cave and ruins biomes. My personal fovourite settings are: no second decidious, no second meteor field, no spider quarry, triple mac tusk forced; no mixed mushroom forest, no mixed mushroom meadow, cave jungle forced, more altars forced, muddy sacred forced (for Wortox mostly).

As for the topic, what hurts me the most is to have 2 biomes cutting through each other, especially if one of the biomes has meteor field in mixing part.

Second place is bugged ruins generation when ruins are split across whole cave system.

Third place is to have cave entrances in bad places on surface, especially if they lead to useful cave biomes/their exits are near ruins: near Bee Queen, moonstone (I once had cave entrance on the same turf tile as moonbase), near Moose/Goose spawner - because I know eventually I would open them while exiting the caves and there is no way to undo this. Special sort of pain is when cave entrances/exits are not paired and player is spawned at portal upon migration.

If I'm not host, monkey island generating near Crab King or other sea resources like otherwise conveniently spawned waterlogged biome or near place where I want to base on mainland is irritating, but considering host can turn pirate raids off (hostile flare still spawns them if one wants raid loot, at least last I checked), I'm not missing content at all.

On 12/17/2022 at 12:32 PM, Nettalie said:

None of the above. What hurts me the most is spaghetti gen where theres very thin pieces of land with water inbetween them. Both that and the thin "rivers" inbetween different biomes, if you can call them that.

We need rivers between biomes and not biomes between rivers... We want to make bigger base so more land!!! I generate 3 days to find an island like that 200+ generations and NOTHING... I have try all the combinations in settings and alway i have the same island with little changes.

Archived