should Shadow Duelist able to attack and kill Nightmare Creature for Maxwell ?

With the new rework for Maxwell,no doubt that Nightmare Fuel are the resources that must have for him.
But there is 1 question i still had up until this day when i first playing Maxwell in Don't Starve.Why Shadow Duelist ( or Puppet in DS) can't help Maxwell fighting Shadow Creature,like they make from the same thing.Farming Nightmare Fuel can be very dangerous for Maxwell when 2-3 Terrobeak spawn on screen,and unless you very good at kitting or you will soon death with those 75 HP,and at that time i just wish that my Puppet can do something to aid Maxwell more than standing still.
So Klei can you give Shadow Duelist albility to help Maxwell fighting Shadow Creature ? I know you don't want Max become too much OP but come on,Nightmare Fuel is the most important resources for him but old Maxwell can't have a better time fighting for it ? 

T

5 hours ago, cutirangtho said:

With the new rework for Maxwell,no doubt that Nightmare Fuel are the resources that must have for him.
But there is 1 question i still had up until this day when i first playing Maxwell in Don't Starve.Why Shadow Duelist ( or Puppet in DS) can't help Maxwell fighting Shadow Creature,like they make from the same thing.Farming Nightmare Fuel can be very dangerous for Maxwell when 2-3 Terrobeak spawn on screen,and unless you very good at kitting or you will soon death with those 75 HP,and at that time i just wish that my Puppet can do something to aid Maxwell more than standing still.
So Klei can you give Shadow Duelist albility to help Maxwell fighting Shadow Creature ? I know you don't want Max become too much OP but come on,Nightmare Fuel is the most important resources for him but old Maxwell can't have a better time fighting for it ? 

To expand on what gi-go is saying shadow sneak converts mobs with shadow variants into their shadow forms and makes them drop guaranteed nightmare fuel on death.  The ideal way to use it for someone not very good at combat is to use shadow prison on rabbits then shadow sneak to convert and kill them.

Tbh it makes sense that they would be able to since they are also shadows. That being said, gameplay is gonna have to take priority over game logic. The drawback (or bonus upside) of using his spells is lowering his sanity, and that comes with the danger of needing to fight shadows without the help of your spells

45 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

Tbh it makes sense that they would be able to since they are also shadows. That being said, gameplay is gonna have to take priority over game logic. The drawback (or bonus upside) of using his spells is lowering his sanity, and that comes with the danger of needing to fight shadows without the help of your spells

Maybe duelists could fight shadows but they take more damage and aren't afforded the damage reduction they usually get. Something like 2x damage so they can act as good distractions but will quickly die against even just two horrors and get one shot by terrors.

6 minutes ago, MadMatt said:

Maybe duelists could fight shadows but they take more damage and aren't afforded the damage reduction they usually get. Something like 2x damage so they can act as good distractions but will quickly die against even just two horrors and get one shot by terrors.

Eh, I still think it's good how it is now. Maxwell "stealing" magic from unseen forces to benefit himself in the physical world, only for him to be vulnerable to those forces when they inevitably come after him just seems too in line with his character. It's like he didn't learn his lesson.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

Eh, I still think it's good how it is now. Maxwell "stealing" magic from unseen forces to benefit himself in the physical world, only for him to be vulnerable to those forces when they inevitably come after him just seems too in line with his character. It's like he didn't learn his lesson.

I suppose but thinking about Maxwell's "mighty" powers being snuffed out by the same forces he stole them from seems equally fitting to me while also adding more interactivity with the player. As of right now it just strikes me as dumb AI in a video game which is unavoidable considering that's what the duelists are, but having them have some response would make it less confusing/funny.

2 hours ago, MadMatt said:

I suppose but thinking about Maxwell's "mighty" powers being snuffed out by the same forces he stole them from seems equally fitting to me while also adding more interactivity with the player. As of right now it just strikes me as dumb AI in a video game which is unavoidable considering that's what the duelists are, but having them have some response would make it less confusing/funny.

While it would be horrible for gameplay experience therefore should never be done what would be more logical would be his duelists turning on him when he's gone completely insane since at that point he's lost control over the shadows.

7 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

While it would be horrible for gameplay experience therefore should never be done what would be more logical would be his duelists turning on him when he's gone completely insane since at that point he's lost control over the shadows.

Sounds logical if dst took a different route in direction for difficulty since it would be tedious and annoying for sure but a real downside to his powers.

Archived