[Game Update] - 531974

• Developer

Changes

• The game will no longer try to delete unsubscribed mods for the time being.
    • Players may need to relaunch the game or resubscribe to certain mods that are not downloading or appearing in game.
  • Using Shadow Prison during Pig King’s minigame now counts as cheating.
  • New sound fx when placing the Magician’s Chest.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed bugs with Maxwell’s custom idle animations.
  • Premier Gardeneer Hat will now properly empower Maxwell’s Duelists, whereas the basic Gardeneer Hat will not.

View full update

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3
  • Health 1
  • Hunger 1

1 minute ago, -Variant said:

I don't think so, I think it just means that the shadow/Ruins version is the one that gives them strength instead of the normal one.

It was more of a "suggestion-question" but still, damage hat that has no durability. Perfect for peaceful times.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JesseB_Klei said:

Bug Fixes

• Fixed bugs with Maxwell’s custom idle animations.

The legs on Maxwell's upwards idle animations #1 & #2 are still bugged. 

For idle animation #1 (upwards): (1) frames 53 & 54 has both legs going through the feet; (2) left leg detaches from the body from frame 27 to 53.
For idle animation #2 (upwards): (1) left leg detaches from the body from frame 27 to 47.

Maxwell Idle Animation #1 (Upwards) & #2 (Upwards)

Spoiler

idle_waxwell_up.gif.b6759b8712768e0ac2157abc0b1d54e6.gif idle2_waxwell_up.gif.11e24a05777729cb52fba1be5e6b5996.gif

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Instant-Noodles said:

The legs on Maxwell's upwards idle animations #1 & #2 are still bugged. 

For idle animation #1 (upwards): (1) frames 53 & 54 has both legs going through the feet; (2) left leg detaches from the body from frame 27 to 53.
For idle animation #2 (upwards): (1) left leg detaches from the body from frame 27 to 47.

what, your legs don't do that?

• Like 1

Weirdly i didn't have issues with mods despite this almost feeling like a universal problem.

Which puzzles me..

Tried to reproduce the problem with both server and client mods and everything downloaded fine and stayed active.

Just now, ALCRD said:

Weirdly i didn't have issues with mods despite this almost feeling like a universal problem.

Which puzzles me..

Tried to reproduce the problem with both server and client mods and everything downloaded fine and stayed active.

From what I figured, the issue was exclusively with old mods and yet ones that were recently "unloaded" somehow. So steam would try to redownload it, fail, and try to remove the mod from your game, but if you had it selected it could crash the game.

• Sanity 1

10 hours ago, Master_NiX said:

So... Does Premier Gardeneer Hat teach Maxwell's Servants to harvest crops?

imagine if wearing certain items gave his summons special abilities e.g gardeneer hat gives servants the tilling/harvesting/watering ability at the cost of you losing sanity over time or if the nightmare amulet gave his duelists crazy attack speed at the cost of you dealing with nightmare creatures ykwim

edit: lorewise the gardeneer hat sanity loss downside could be because maxwell doesnt like farming? i mean just so the downside has a reason

Edited by Phen
  • Like 3
  • Sad Dupe 1

7 hours ago, Phen said:

imagine if wearing certain items gave his summons special abilities e.g gardeneer hat gives servants the tilling/harvesting/watering ability

They can already harvest small plants which is how you should run your farms to avoid making too much food and rotting and if you are one of those people wicker book allows you to quickly get food this way. i personally don't water anyways because ponds and how would you tell the servants to till in what formation?

• Like 3

the last point I would like to address in this rework is the fact that Maxwell's animations are not cancelable, you are stuck in place (about ~2.5 seconds) until the animation is finished, this seems inconsistent as maxwell can use wickerbottom books and cancel mid-animations without a problem, but not with his own book by stepping away.

This is particularly punishing when engaging in combat with a moving enemy, when casting a first shadow prison.

The animation is even longer than the attack rate of some enemies/bosses.

I have already made a post about this, even if it did not make unanimity, still received several positive reactions:

Edit : updated the link so that it appears correctly embedded

Edited by Cyber_Joueur
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, Cyber_Joueur said:

the last point I would like to address in this rework is the fact that Maxwell's animations are not cancelable, you are stuck in place (about ~2.5 seconds) until the animation is finished, this seems inconsistent as maxwell can use wickerbottom books and cancel mid-animations without a problem, but not with his own book by stepping away.

This is particularly punishing when engaging in combat with a moving enemy, when casting a first shadow prison.

The animation is even longer than the attack rate of some enemies/bosses.

I have already made a post about this, even if it did not make unanimity, still received several positive reactions:

Edit : updated the link so that it appears correctly embedded

Particularly I think you could cancel after 1 sec at most 1.5 sec (0.5 sec would be amazing but a little more maybe. Hahahaha) thus allowing you to fit the spells during kiting in a fluid way, with this change it would be 100% satisfied with the rework.

• Like 2

Honestly, the casting spell feels a little clucky, but if you are careful you can still use it in combat fine. I like where he is right now.

Lets see, another edge case thing. My shadows don't attack big tentacles. So I summon them, attack the big tentacle, run back to avoid the small ones. And my shadows attack the small ones, when it would be more convenient if they attacked the Big tentacle, but idk that might trivialize the fight.

edit: I've played him a bit and the clunkiness of the spells is annoying, but that might just be a skill issue on my part. Like trying to shadow prison a bunch of shadow Splumonkeys during nightmare phase.

Edited by Daniel14676
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Daniel14676 said:

Lets see, another edge case thing. My shadows don't attack big tentacles. So I summon them, attack the big tentacle, run back to avoid the small ones. And my shadows attack the small ones, when it would be more convenient if they attacked the Big tentacle, but idk that might trivialize the fight.

It seems to be more a problem related to the aggro of the duelists, they attack the target which is the closest to them.

2 hours ago, Daniel14676 said:

Honestly, the casting spell feels a little clucky, but if you are careful you can still use it in combat fine. I like where he is right now.

It is more the fact that Maxwell is literally frozen in place and can't move for ~2.5 seconds with somes ennemis/bosses having shorter delays between each attack than that. It is more a Quality Of Life change than anything else since it would allows for more flexibility with spells and summons.

• Like 1

For someone who can compare them side by side, how does maxwells casting/casting cancel out compare to Wendy Summoning/Dismissing Abigail?

I figure the animation time frames would be about on par with one another, yet people complain that Maxwells feels too slow and clunky & risky to use.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

For someone who can compare them side by side, how does maxwells casting/casting cancel out compare to Wendy Summoning/Dismissing Abigail?

I figure the animation time frames would be about on par with one another, yet people complain that Maxwells feels too slow and clunky & risky to use.

You can summon before battle, and you won't need to summon or unsummon until the end of the battle.
I think a more apt comparison is if abigail's potions had the same summon/unsummon animation time and abigail redirected aggro for you.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I just tested, indeed the duration seems about the same and wendy can't move during the whole animation. so she could benefit from this same change.

• Like 2