Weather pain buff?

I think there needs to be a buff towards weather pain to get a lot more attack speed or durability or just lasting longer. It's an expensive tool that needs bosses killed and gather tedious resources across the world to make. It's performance doesn't match the cost and makes things even more complicated when the tornado attacks your own allies while at it.

Example 1. It moves around every second or so from it's directed target into random directions. Let's say you're fighting Toadstool and it being your way to dealing with majority of his mushtrees but some hits don't finish the job while at it and requires you to step in or another cast.

Example 2. Bees outperform by fighting King Crab than weather pains. You can get bees at any season and they negate his healing much better than the tool you provide yourself with. Since how chaotic twisters are they won't always hit their target or won't negate his healing completely if you won't use a lot more charges. That makes also orange gem Crab King not the most confident choice to fight especially on solo.

Example 3. Abigail is probably one of strongest stun sources when it comes to fighting bee queen just cause she has high Aoe and her grumble bees become stunlocked by her presence while both sisters do enough damage to kill bee queen by just tanking. Weatherpains just doesn't last long enough and phases out fast not giving a lot of time to do much damage than when you just kite her away, be Wendy, or make some sort of large elaborate cage to kill her. Or just catapults straight up without doing much fighting.

Some change is needed and would be cool to see it being either more durable or it's casts would last longer as a tool of distraction. It doesn't need more damage, just to be useful in dealing with annoying things.

I think it has fine durability given that you can use it as a tool for various things, I'd just like a qol option to make it more usable on console;

make it focus on a boss if there is anyone in the area, even tho that would mess up using it for toadstool. I can't think of an easy solution, but I'd love to be able to cast it from further away.

On 11/11/2022 at 2:12 PM, BeeClops said:

I think it has fine durability given that you can use it as a tool for various things, I'd just like a qol option to make it more usable on console;

make it focus on a boss if there is anyone in the area, even tho that would mess up using it for toadstool. I can't think of an easy solution, but I'd love to be able to cast it from further away.

Durability wise maybe, but efficiency? Quite lacking imo. Rather unreliable.

5 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

It is really good utility but it still needs buffed as a weapon.

It's really not a weapon though... it's utility sucks :X I've not seen that many people utilize it for anything unless "cheeseless" Crab King fight. I've seen the fights and done them myself with the weather pain and it wasn't a great tool to cancel healing.

5 hours ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

It's really not a weapon though... it's utility sucks :X I've not seen that many people utilize it for anything unless "cheeseless" Crab King fight.

Ancient fuelweaver, toadstool, crab king, bee queen, cracking open rocks, breaking trees.

32 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Ancient fuelweaver, toadstool, crab king, bee queen, cracking open rocks, breaking trees.

Fuelweaver yea, but tornado sometimes wanders off. Toadstool it's useful but there's methods by just burning trees now and making toad stuck behind ponds. Crab king I told my reasons. I never seen people use it for bee queen since kiting her with walls or other methods works better and twisters don't last long enough to stun bees to be reliable. 

Rocks don't take much work to be opened and trees got bosses and Maxwell now to destroy them.

I'm saying performance wise it's falling behind hard.

Archived