Nref Shadow Duelist !!!!

In current version Maxwell won't take any risk to kill almost all boss,But I like the new style of shadows fight. As the king of don't starve ,I think It should be more  skillful to play Maxwell, I have a suggestion  that may not very good,You can even make the  Codex Umbra  link with the story background deeply:

Every time a Shadow duelist been summoned a demon or something show up to keep stealing  maxwell's helth and sanity (The More summoning shadows cause the more cost)

15 max damage limit??how many enemies attack below 15,       50 will be  better

I think maxwell's perks and downside are perfect as is. (would be nice to get dark sword or/and night armor recipe on start though :wilson_love:)

Duelists are amazing and not a throwaway perk atm, I can compare it to Wanda infinite whip with wopping damage of being perfect.

From watching some funny vids where Maxwell stands and 6 shadow duelist do the job it might look OP, but these are most likely done on super godmode command. To be real, Maxwell is going to be insane and deal with nightmare creatures as long he uses more than 5 shadow duelist/servants or try to summon another one if any of them dies early - since his sanity gets blackened is not going to be as simple as munching some cooked cacti to be back at full sanity asap.

51 minutes ago, Mr.Tarunio said:

I think maxwell's perks and downside are perfect as is

Excuse me, what downside are we talking about? The current Amazing Maxwell has no downsides besides his unyielding ego.

For serious though, I think the problem now is that he has no downsides for such great, free and easy-to-access power. In basic game design fashion, there should be a catch, something he has to do to achieve the power. For great power must come with great responsability. Sacrifices to be made to achieve perfection.. yadda yadda. Current Shadow Dualists are so good, you can do a whole "Maxwell wins by doing absolutely nothing" show with it.

1 hour ago, Notecja said:

From watching some funny vids where Maxwell stands and 6 shadow duelist do the job it might look OP, but these are most likely done on super godmode command. To be real, Maxwell is going to be insane and deal with nightmare creatures as long he uses more than 5 shadow duelist/servants or try to summon another one if any of them dies early - since his sanity gets blackened is not going to be as simple as munching some cooked cacti to be back at full sanity asap.

My guy i did deerclops as a test, deerclops was dead before a single shadow spawned. Additionally i can just run away from the shadows, or focus on fighting them. JUST being insane isnt a big price for something killing deerclops for u

1 hour ago, Notecja said:

Thing is you don't even need all 6 and the summoning doesn't take sanity away it only darkens it  so just replacing one that dies leaves Maxwell in a very nice position.

37 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Excuse me, what downside are we talking about? The current Amazing Maxwell has no downsides besides his unyielding ego.

For serious though, I think the problem now is that he has no downsides for such great, free and easy-to-access power. In basic game design fashion, there should be a catch, something he has to do to achieve the power. For great power must come with great responsability. Sacrifices to be made to achieve perfection.. yadda yadda. Current Shadow Dualists are so good, you can do a whole "Maxwell wins by doing absolutely nothing" show with it.

I think the only "downside" Maxwell needs is progression.

Perhaps when you start off the portal you get some basic knowledge of the codex umbra, like the sneak trap and the workers only, and you can unlock the current iteration of the duelists once you get access to a shadows manipulator (or wicker's library+encyclopedia knowledge) and you get access to the jail once you research something at a pseudoscience station.

Other than that, he is fine as it is.

Archived