How new stagehands works?

A recent update added new Stagehands. However, I still don't understand how they work. I realized that they can attack the player in response or sometimes attack the mobs of the attacking players. I also realized that they can't be killed. But I still tried to break them with a hammer and it seems after one or two broken hammers it started to run, but returned to its original place. While it's running I can't start breaking it with the hammer, but I can still attack it. Then I teleported him not far from the stage. It didn't react in any way. Then I again began to break with a hammer to see where it would run, and as a result, it ran to the place where it originally spawned. However, there I put a wall on purpose so that it could not sit in its original place. As a result, the stagehand ignored the wall and still sat in the place where it originally appeared. If you try not to break it with a hammer, but beat it with a spear, then nothing will happen. If you start hitting him when he moves, he will just stand in one place for a couple of seconds and continue to run. Maybe I've gone crazy. Can anyone explain how new stagehands works?image.thumb.png.d7f9936b6c63de20d15a82ed8a82882d.png

7 hours ago, -Variant said:

What you've explained is all they do.
Their job is to protect stage actors, if a mob hits someone preforming, it'll try and kill it.
It'll also defend itself.

It tries to stay in its original spot, and is unkillable.

It starts to move after a certain number of hammer blows. Even after teleporting it, it only came to its place after a certain number of hits. I thought it was weird and I don't understand why this mechanics was added

5 hours ago, Deerclops Mika said:

It starts to move after a certain number of hammer blows. Even after teleporting it, it only came to its place after a certain number of hits. I thought it was weird and I don't understand why this mechanics was added

Hammering it is a way to get it to enter its "active" stance, where it then turns into something more akin to a mob that you can actually attack.
It getting up and walking is just it changing stances and repositioning itself incase it gets moved.

Archived