• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you like the new requirements?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Should CC need time commitment?

• Yes
    • No

The most recent beta patch phased out the old Pearl's house recipes, and replaced it with a new series of recipes with ingredients that are not season locked. This means that no longer will Pearl's pearl and Celestial champion be season locked either. Of course, with such a notable change causing the game to be played differently, some will be disapproving. I want to know the consensus. What do you think about this change, and why?

I dont care much either way when it comes to the whole summer restriction debate but i dislike the new requirements for being ugly :lol:

I also dislike how theres nothing now in the recipe to reflect the flower pots that appear in the final stage. 
something like this wouldve been prettier imo: 

10 c-shells, 10 planks, 5 fireflies. 

10 marb, 10 rope, (5 carpet turf)

5 moonstone, 10 flower petals. 

carpet turf addition is cute but doesnt suit the final upgrade imo. It should be in the first or the second one, if at all.

I think the carpet is out of place too. What I don't like is the ease of getting the new materials (carpet can be collected with a pitchfork). Maybe it's just me, but thulucite fragments would be journey enough to be a part of one of the recipes.

I don't know. But there needs to be SOMETHING to give the player trouble when building the house if the season restriction is removed.

11 minutes ago, hhh2 said:

I think the carpet is out of place too. What I don't like is the ease of getting the new materials (carpet can be collected with a pitchfork). Maybe it's just me, but thulucite fragments would be journey enough to be a part of one of the recipes.

I don't know. But there needs to be SOMETHING to give the player trouble when building the house if the season restriction is removed.

I agree too to just give some little "wall" in building the house. Since Pearl is on the ocean level, why don't push the player into searching rare stuff in the ocean? Normally Pearl is the first thing you find immediately when you start to sail. The player after reaching her will see her house and see in the recipe, items he never seen (like salt for example). 

Giving my two cents on the thing. Although If I'm pro on making a little harder the building of her house, it should be made better the "give her fish and see if you took the right one". That's RNG hell that I would like to see fixed, giving settled weight to certain type of fish (in this way waterlogged biome could be more interesting to visit, because that specific fish could be really heavy)

17 minutes ago, hhh2 said:

Theres still the 10 cookie shells. And i guess forget-me-lots could be used to replace the cactus flowers too. :lol:

5 additional cookie shells could be required for the final upgrade too to reflect that little hanging decoration. 

1 hour ago, hhh2 said:

the season restriction didn't cause trouble, it caused terminal boredom

Anyway i like the new recipes MECHANICALLY but I'd like to see the flowers in there somewhere

I would love it if forget-me-lots were an ingredient in pearl's house instead of the beefalo feed. beefalo feed would make more sense with the cactus flowers to me. This would give speed-runners a reason to farm, and chiller players a reason to pick and bundle the cactus flowers

Maybe Klei should change it so a list of many possible items can be accepted in the ingredients slots. Like so you could use cactus flowers, or forget-me-lots, or ferns. Many different combinations of ingredients could preform the upgrade. That way, the player can find the best way to upgrade the house for their world and scenario.

6 hours ago, hhh2 said:

I mean let's not forget you have to kill CK himself and it's the most convoluted and most boring fight in the game. Well for me as a solo player anyways. 

I hope Klei has plans to at the very least tune his healing or tune the rewards which are very mediocre.

17 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

I mean let's not forget you have to kill CK himself and it's the most convoluted and most boring fight in the game. Well for me as a solo player anyways. 

I hope Klei has plans to at the very least tune his healing or tune the rewards which are very mediocre.

Crab kings literally needs a full plain rework. Total rework on everything. Fight, rewards, mechanics, ecc...

The only thing that can stay is the cool idea of building the boss battle with gems.

3 hours ago, NoodlemanNed said:

his boss theme is also really cool

Yup, it has a good start, unfortunately even in the music Klei flawed. I found it pretty monotone after 5 minutes. It's the same problem with Toadstool. 

I actually like Klei's composer(s), especially the Hamlet tracks. Videogame music is going to be repetitive for obvious reasons. (Unless it's one of your selling points. Like how Cuphead's OST includes several unique instrumentals selected randomly between boss fight attempts.)

I really like the new stageplay tracks.

This change makes speedrunning better, for those that do that (not me). Meanwhile it doesn’t impact other players. I mean how would it impact other players? You can still get all the materials you need from the surface. It might be slightly more or less time-consuming based on what you think is easy to get. But you are not speedrunning, so what difference does it really make?

This whole question seems like argumentation for the sake of it.

7 hours ago, hhh2 said:

I actually like Klei's composer(s), especially the Hamlet tracks. Videogame music is going to be repetitive for obvious reasons. (Unless it's one of your selling points. Like how Cuphead's OST includes several unique instrumentals selected randomly between boss fight attempts.)

I really like the new stageplay tracks.

Hmn not really, not at all.

You even used a good example of the stageplay which is not repetetive. Ancient fuelweaver, Creepy forest, Klaus, all the seasons music, ecc..... they're not repetitive. 

Toadstool and Crab king music are literally 2 notes before repeating themselves. Add their fight are really long.

On 10/8/2022 at 2:15 PM, hhh2 said:

The most recent beta patch phased out the old Pearl's house recipes, and replaced it with a new series of recipes with ingredients that are not season locked. This means that no longer will Pearl's pearl and Celestial champion be season locked either. Of course, with such a notable change causing the game to be played differently, some will be disapproving. I want to know the consensus. What do you think about this change, and why?

The disapproving players can still wait until summer if they want to.

9 minutes ago, maxwell_winters said:

Woodie used to be able to join the server younger than 55 days without worrying about Moonstorms. Now he doesn't have this safety net anymore. 

While I agree that Woodies have a greater chance to suffer due to the moonstorms, that's not really an argument when Wickers can make the Lunar Grimoire as early as day 1, maybe day 2-3 more realistically with good RNG, to summon full moons on a semi-regular basis.

Woodie desperately needs either a new mechanic, or a character specific item, to stem his curse a bit on full moons. I know, I know, "uncompromising survival" and all, but uh, if they're willing to make Wicker a God now, I think the character screwed by this the most at least deserves protection from all of these full moon situations. Just my opinion, anyways.

Archived