What do you guys think will be the role of the sealed portal in the lore or in gameplay?

If you don't know what the sealed portal is it is found in the Archives and one of the only the devices that doesn't do anything even if the Archives are activated.

Gameplay wise I'm not sure what it would do. Maybe it could be a place where you can summon a boss like how you can only summon ancient fuel weaver in the place with the ancient gateway.

Lore wise however I think it could be a way out of the constant and I don't mean like the ancient gateway where it took the survivors to different realms of the constant. I mean a way back home for the survivors. The reason why I think this is because of Wortox's quote of it, he says “I won't tell the mortals it's here, it'll just get their poor hopes up.” The only thing I can think of getting the human survivors hopes up is a way for them to go back home to earth. 

1 hour ago, Loonytoony said:

the devices that doesn't do anything even if the Archives are activated.

Doesn't do anything? It is invoking a great sense of mystery!

Lore wise however I think it could be a way out of the constant and I don't mean like the ancient gateway where it took the survivors to different realms of the constant. I mean a way back home for the survivors. The reason why I think this is because of Wortox's quote of it, he says “I won't tell the mortals it's here, it'll just get their poor hopes up.” The only thing I can think of getting the human survivors hopes up is a way for them to go back home to earth. 

It might as well be a toilet from a long lost civilization. Imagine all the food that has been consumed by the survivors and nobody has invented any water closet solution yet. The inconvenience must be mounting. Wortox is not keen on eating food, hence he does not share their problem.

This theory makes a lot of sense. If we are to speculate, we might as well get creative.

8 minutes ago, Captain_Rage said:

It might as well be a toilet from a long lost civilization. Imagine all the food that has been consumed by the survivors and nobody has invented any water closet solution yet. The inconvenience must be mounting. Wortox is not keen on eating food, hence he does not share their problem.

Alright scrap my old theory this is the factually correct one

If you don't know what the sealed portal is it is found in the Archives and one of the only the devices that doesn't do anything even if the Archives are activated.

Gameplay wise I'm not sure what it would do. Maybe it could be a place where you can summon a boss like how you can only summon ancient fuel weaver in the place with the ancient gateway.

Wortox propably won´t tell them, because even though he is a trickster and a mischievous imp, they are his friends. He knows telling them about this would give them false hope, because it is not what they would believe it is
Its certainly a portal, but for someone or something else

6 minutes ago, Loonytoony said:

Alright scrap my old theory this is the factually correct one

Or maybe it's actually both, that would explain why Battlemaster Pugna hates ancient civilization for dumping tons of waste on his realm for many years.

As long as it is actually important to the lore and gameplay I'll be happy... if it does nothing or very little and is not of much actual importance in the end I'll be super disappointed.

Ideally the best case for me is that it leads to another shard even if its a small one - either to the Moon itself or somewhere else new and exciting.

Failing that if its a part of a boss fight quest or allows/facilitates spawning in a new boss I would also be happy.

Archived