[Suggestion] Make the player-raised tallbird nests neutral towards player

Personally, I enjoy watching new survivors get annihilated by their precious baybee birbs so I'm hoping it doesn't get changed. :wilson_cool:

Honestly though as a biologist in real life I love the mechanic of Tallbirds killing their mothers/adoptive mothers. Unique mob behaviors adds to the eerieness of the Constant & I hope we get to see more mob-mob/mob-player interactions. :wilson_love:

I think it makes sense for them to still be hostile. I didn't enjoy it when it was simply the tallbird attacking you for no reason, but now they have a nest. I think it makes sense that even if they love you and know you raised them, tallbirds aren't human and won't necessarily trust you getting near their territory/egg. They're a type of animal from the constant that we know almost nothing about the biology of and don't have to work by the same rules as real animals.

9 minutes ago, maxwell_winters said:

Nah, it's the classic mean jab of DS. I don't want it changed. 

I don't find myself agreeing with keeping something purely for traditions sake. I've found its a bit of a bad practice to stick to.

I find myself agreeing with the thought i've heard very recently of having a grace period upon the tallbird reaching maturity where it'll somehow tell you to back off without actually hurting you (or at least, not hurting you much.) hopefully some of those human maternal ideals rubbed off onto them just a little, you know.

It would be an incentive to actually grow one. Once it gets to adulthood it attacks and I just ended up wasting time and food for nothing. Having it be passive would make it more worthwhile kind of like a thin tall chicken and how we use them for eggs.

33 minutes ago, Evelo said:

It would be an incentive to actually grow one. Once it gets to adulthood it attacks and I just ended up wasting time and food for nothing. Having it be passive would make it more worthwhile kind of like a thin tall chicken and how we use them for eggs.

You can still use them for eggs, though, even if they aren't passive. You aren't wasting time and food for nothing, you are still getting eggs in either scenario.

I wonder how creating new nests with player raised Tallbirds is going to work as they just aggro you as soon as they become fully grown don't they? might have to take a pan flute and put them to sleep where you want the new nest and get out of there to allow them to actually create it? 

Archived