Early game base cooling

For those in need for some fast early game base cooling, consider super computers and micro mushers as they delete most of the heat injected into them, coupled with a aquatuner before use and it provides a very heavy early game cooling system for your main base and farming area's alike (atleast until all your research is done (or you consider to stop using mushers as a food source [if you even use it at all]).

It's not unlimited cooling, but when you need alot of cooling fast, it's a good option before meta cooling is available.

What I often do is arrange to have the only Pitcher Pump be over 95ish C water from a Cool Steam Vent or (Salt) Water Geyser, that way the Super Computer is happily consuming the hot water, preserving the starting area cool water pools for irrigation of bristle blossoms and also letting it remain around longer to soak heat. Over the course of the game the Super Computer will devour over 100 t of water, so has no problem consuming all the starting area water. Those pools can irrigate Bristle Blossom for a very long time.

I`m a fan of using the cold biomes to cool off your base. i tend to run cooling loops through those biomes until they melt which usually doesn`t happen until mid game. Still if you are playing on a map with only hot surroundings this would provide a nice solution for the earlygame.

For me this really depends on the situation. Sometimes you have ice, sometimes cold (salt) slush, and sometimes none of that and you need to look for something. Usually, I go for a 25C or so base, but having a hot base at 40C and only using some targeted cooling (ice-e fan and icemaker, for example, or some WWs) for farming. Or simply going with mush-bars until you have real cooling. 

Base practically never needs cooling. Each dupe is effectively equivalent to a wheezewort in deleting heat over -37c by just breathing. And then we're not even counting the heat energy over -37c each dupe deletes by doing their business.

What does need temperature control is your farms if you have any so you just insulate that and Bob's your uncle.

I often use an aquatuner to heat the water going into my SPOM and that runs my main base cooling loop. Can be built with any metal ore. Since I also cool the gasses in the SPOM, the electrolyzers and pumps never overheat. The best part is it can generally run on just the waste hydrogen from the SPOM. This can typically be built by cycle 50, requires no plastic and just a small amount of refined metal for power wires, radiant pipes, and sensors. I build a 3x3 insulated box next to the SPOM, 4 tiles for the aquatuner, and 5 for radiant pipes, fill it with water. I include a small amount of automation to keep the aquatuner from boiling the water. As long as your source water is less than about 85C, you can fully cool all the gasses leaving the SPOM. Works great, no steam turbine needed. Here's one example of it - built with gold amalgam, so I'm not cooling the interior of the SPOM:

spom.thumb.png.227034c5fb6ca1b752617d3f3bbe17a5.png

Archived