Golden Spear

I wonder why there are gold versions for almost every basic tool, we even have it for the spear, but we don't have it for the spear, sometimes I feel like the only good weapon we can make in large quantities is the meat stick.

Because there are plenty of weapon choices. Spear, battle spear, tentacle spike, shield of terror, thulecite club, ham bat, dark sword, glass cutter, morning star, and a few others as well. If you want an axe or pickaxe your choice is mostly just flint or gold, but some people make moon axes and pick/axes from the ruins. If you want a shovel your choice is only flint or gold. Gold is necessary for the tools because the tools are the only tools you get. There's a ton of weapon upgrades already so another would be redundant. 

It would be nice to have an easy access mid-ish tier weapon. I just switch to wigfrid and craft a bunch of battle spears for normal use. I cannot stand the hambat and using other weapons seems like a waste on smaller normal day-to-day enemies. So normal play just use a battle spear. When going caving or fighting thats when I make a hambat or use shadow swords

15 hours ago, xDarkSoul18x said:

It would be nice to have an easy access mid-ish tier weapon. I just switch to wigfrid and craft a bunch of battle spears for normal use. I cannot stand the hambat and using other weapons seems like a waste on smaller normal day-to-day enemies. So normal play just use a battle spear. When going caving or fighting thats when I make a hambat or use shadow swords

I usually just use tenticle spikes until I get shield of terror. 

51 damage is pretty good for day to day situations, and I usually get a lot of tenticle spikes early game due to farming tenticle spots. 

Archived