Remove booster shot mechanic, buff some resurrection methods

3 hours ago, Just-guy said:

That's one of the main aspects of the game, you can discover things on your own, and while there are things that aren't told, the survival elements are shown in a way that the player can learn them without having to read somewhere online.

Right, that's why there are hours and hours of Youtube tutorials, a very in-depth and thick Wiki and a whole bunch of Mods that are popular and recommended. Because the players can learn without having to read somewhere online. 

2 hours ago, abrocator said:

Resurrection methods don’t need a buff. They are OP.

New players should just:

1. Rush ruins (ARR: Always Rush Ruins)—plenty of red gems everywhere
  2. Fight Klaus at the start of winter
  3. Fight DF whenever convenient (like in the first 25 days or whatever)

Then they will have plenty of resurrection amulets for the usual noob deaths:

1. “where is base”
  2. Random Tentacle death (at most 3X)
  3. Deerclops surprise
  4. Dying of overheating (at most 4X)
  5. Burning to death due to trying to extinguish wildfire-engulfed death base (at most 2X)
  6. Eating monster meat (at most 3X)

That’s just 13 amulets, at the most. Now that all the noob deaths are done with the player will be ready to megabase as Wormwood on Twitch.

or they can use telltale hearts, meat effigies and touchstones...

i never though this discussion will be created but lately seems like everything is possible to ruin the difficulty of the game with the excuse of "noobs has 2 cell brains, they cant learn anything"

or they can use telltale hearts, meat effigies and touchstones...

i never though this discussion will be created but lately seems like everything is possible to ruin the difficulty of the game with the excuse of "noobs has 2 cell brains, they cant learn anything"

On 8/11/2022 at 5:49 AM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

pick flowers or berries...

As I said, noobs use those for other stuff. (I used to eat them to heal what little I could from being reduced to 50 health, not knowing crock pot recipes.) The effect is to make new, unskilled players die over and over again quickly, in a game mode that's supposed to be a bit more forgiving.

Edit: And 6 days to rot (petals, light bulbs) isn't great for something you need immediately. (Juicy berries can rot in 1, presuming you find them and don't proceed to eat them for 24 health vs booster.)

4 hours ago, Bumber64 said:

As I said, noobs use those for other stuff. (I used to eat them to heal what little I could from being reduced to 50 health, not knowing crock pot recipes.) The effect is to make new, unskilled players die over and over again quickly, in a game mode that's supposed to be a bit more forgiving.

Edit: And 6 days to rot (petals, light bulbs) isn't great for something you need immediately. (Juicy berries can rot in 1, presuming you find them and don't proceed to eat them for 24 health vs booster.)

then next time they will learn to prepare some rot before something bad happends like everything in the game. Is something all of us has experienced. Idk why people treat new players like if they were uneable to learn from mistakes...

and what would be the incentive of learning bettee ways of reviving if they can relly on portal and telltale harts without penalty? makes no sense. Is already very forgiving 

when someone buy a survival game should expect to die a lot until they get experience. When the survival game also has procedural worlds and a decent character pool the player should expect to start different games when they totally lost the game

if there is no penalties, someone who varelly survives 1st autumn will go throw the seasons by dying and reviving without learning anything and will become overwhelmed by all the content instead of learning each season and surviving futher with the experience 

If you're just starting as a n00b, after your first death occurs and nothing has been explained to teach you how that death happened or how to avoid it, just uninstall the game. Perma-death to the max. Let the leet sociopath alpha bros keep it and balance that difficulty out nice and smooth for themselves. Everyone wins. 

Hitting a Stagehand a hundred times with Hammers to get a Blueprint makes sense, the average person will figure that out on their own over time. If you don't figure that out on your own, just stop being a n00b or something. 

P.S. - Don't forget that griefers exist and while there may be ways to prevent griefing in the game, there's no way to prevent those griefers from posting on the forum forever, possibly making bot accounts, clicking like on their own and each others posts, etc. This species is screwed up. 

On 8/6/2022 at 8:48 PM, Just-guy said:

The description of the item says: "Boosts your declining max health." , which is self-explanatory.

There's a thing as a saying in this game: nobody can read that's not Wicker, Maxwell or apparently Wurt. Both canon and player wise.

On 8/13/2022 at 5:17 AM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

then next time they will learn to prepare some rot before something bad happends like everything in the game. Is something all of us has experienced. Idk why people treat new players like if they were uneable to learn from mistakes...

and what would be the incentive of learning bettee ways of reviving if they can relly on portal and telltale harts without penalty? makes no sense. Is already very forgiving 

when someone buy a survival game should expect to die a lot until they get experience. When the survival game also has procedural worlds and a decent character pool the player should expect to start different games when they totally lost the game

if there is no penalties, someone who varelly survives 1st autumn will go throw the seasons by dying and reviving without learning anything and will become overwhelmed by all the content instead of learning each season and surviving futher with the experience 

They might learn for the future, but in the meantime they're stuck dying because Endless mode is... endless.

Not having to travel to the portal and back to get your stuff? (Ghost moves slower than walking.) Not needing another player (if one exists) to come and revive you?

There's a mode for that, where you can't use portal and the world resets if you die. Can't remember what it's called, for some reason. It's on the tip of my tongue.

There's enough time to prepare for winter, provided you didn't waste the entire autumn trying to stay above 20 max HP (let alone the 50 HP you revive with) and getting 1-shot by everything. And you think they'll be dying and reviving all winter without a health penalty?

Archived