Still no Celestial Orb help!

Hello, I am on day 104 and I still have yet to find the Suspicious Boulder that holds the Celestial Orb. When I use the console command c_countprefabs("rock_moon_shell") it counts a 0. Do I just need to spawn one in or is there some issue or event I missed?

2 minutes ago, IceTime said:

You need to wait patiently for the arrival of meteorites after cleaning up the mines in the meteorite mining area

Shouldn't it arrive guaranteed after day 60 though? Or is that outdated info?

3 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Are you making sure you're executing the command through remote console instead of local? If so you might just need to go to where a meteor storm can happen and wait for one to happen. 

I'm using the Don't Starve Alone mod so there is no remote or local (guessing it is just local, ive used the same command for other items and it works just fine)

4 minutes ago, Evelo said:

it doesn't magically make the moon orb appear on day 61, it just guarantees that the next moonrock boulder that drops from a meteor shower will be a smooth one

I'm not 100% sure whether or not you have to present during the meteor shower for the moon orb to land, I did some testing which seemed to suggest that this was the case but I could totally be wrong

I don't know the code of the game, but I also asked friends who understand the code to try to understand the principle.

However, through my own game experience. You not only need to clean up the original ore in the meteorite arrival area. It is also necessary to load the area where meteorites fall every once in a while to ensure that meteorite events can be triggered

My own fastest record is 33 days to get a suspicious boulder. Most of them are obtained in the first spring, because I will deliberately wait.

I also met what you said in my friend's room, but the world is short of aspirious boulder for hundreds of days.

In fact, looking for Klaus in winter is also to ensure that you can pass through the meteorite area. The designer has already thought about it

17 hours ago, Evelo said:

Not exactly.  When a meteor shower happens you have about a 1/3 chance of getting a large item to land.  The large item has a 15% chance of being a moon rock.  This nets about a 5% chance of landing a moon rock per strike.  Each time a moon rock lands it checks to see if it will be the moon rock shell.  After 60 days or 3 moon rocks the conversion will be guaranteed BUT that only guarantees the conversion, you still need to hit that 5% chance first.

Obviously this is also impacted by the number of meteor spawners on the map and how active they are.  A lot of things to get unlucky with lol.  I've had a world go passed day 130 without moon rock shell landing.

13 hours ago, _Ellat_ said:

Maybe instead of trying to find the orb just go to lunar island if you want to swap characters. That's usually what I do because I don't like relying on rng.

It's for fighting the Celestial Champion, not the Celestial Portal.

7 minutes ago, Evelo said:

It's for fighting the Celestial Champion, not the Celestial Portal.

Well If I was in that situation I guess I would just mine the whole meteor field and hope for a next meteor shower to bring me an orb. Sorry but my celestial orb luck is pretty bad lol

I've had mine show up on the edge of my bee zone. It was in a split mosaic but it wasn't in either. It must of had a sliver of the mosaic split on to one land mass to the right of the 2nd mosaic? It's all I could think of on why it spawned there. Prob doesn't help you tho

Archived