Can someone help me with my electric desing

I see much bigger problems than the power system. You don`t really need 25 oxygen diffusers. 7 dupes will do fine with just 2 as long as the ventilation is good. Just put airflow/mesh tiles between floors to allow the air to flow and put the diffusers at the bottom as oxygen is lighter than most gasses in the game and will rise up. You can use pumps to spread the oxygen but it does fine on it`s own in small bases.

You could use one more coal generator for all you have atm but more importantly you should put the batteries on the heavy wire side and get a smart battery to turn on the generators when it`s full. Current setup will waste a lot of power.

Finally you should split your grid into 2-3 separate ones each one powered from a differen transformer connected to the main backbone. Generally it`s better to use small transformers for regular stuff like lights and cooking and large transformers for industrial stuff (also conductive wire). The machines you add the more transformers you use.

If you want it to look clean you can make a vertical shaft connected to your main power plant with a heavy wire going through it and a transformer connected to it for every floor powering the stuff on that floor.

tl;dr: too many diffusers (1 produces enough oxygen for 5 dupes), use smart batteries, batteries on producer side not consumer, split the grid using more transformers.

Other issues:

That amount of light in bedrooms is going to disrupt duplicant's sleep for the cost of generating heat (unless you have 3 dupplciants that require light, but that seems unlikely).

I recommend putting fridges into CO2, food will be preserve for longer that way and it looks like there will be CO2 issues soon due to not having a method to clean it up (only liquids below).

Having individual bedrooms has no benefits at this stage.

On 7/28/2022 at 1:21 AM, Sasza22 said:

smart battery to turn on the generators when it`s full.

Those require refined metals, I recommend getting some asap. 

P.S. 

On 7/28/2022 at 1:21 AM, Sasza22 said:

Generally it`s better to use small transformers for regular stuff like lights and cooking and large transformers for industrial stuff (also conductive wire

Personally I use large transformers only, controlled by a smart battery on small side (with batteries on large side as well).

Large transformer charges batteries very fast without overloading 2KW cables, then battery turns off transformer. This means I lose the 'no overload' benefit of transformer, but it's easy to mitigate, instead I get huge redundancy (no chance of farm's lights, life support or doors turning off if something like a matter reconstructor steals all power from a heavy grid (everything has decent backup power) and I assume that I get lower heat emission because transformer is disabled most of the time (even less time and heat since I use large transformer instead of a small one) while battery produces less heat than a transformer.

My general method for an electrical grid is to have one smart battery per generator, then use transformers to distribute power to the various parts of the base that need it.  Heavi-watt wire has a very bad decor value, so its a good idea to have it only where necessary.  This would be connecting your generators and their batteries to the transformers.  On the 'small' side of the transformer, you can use regular wire or conductive wire, which doesn't have nearly the decor hit and can be hidden inside walls, to connect to your consumers.

You can, of course, set up more complex systems such as switch-mode regulation to transmit very large amounts of power across the base using regular wires, but I haven't really found it necessary in Spaced Out since most of the planetoid maps are relatively small.

This kind of opening post can really annoy me: "Here is a poorly formulated titlte that may contain a question, complimened with screen shot, now you guess how to help me".

I do detect a language barrier, which I understand can add to the difficulty of formulating a question, but with today's translation tools, this should not be an excuse.

Please, tell us, such that we can help: what is the issue?

(Welcome to the forums)

Archived