I cant assign a pill, I cant prevent dupes not taking pills that I dont want ot, I cant prevent dupes from going into hazerdous places, without restrictions on doors and checkpoints etc.

image.thumb.png.878b41c695be727264a12f55b9c8473b.png

Just walks riiiiight pass the basic rad pills, cant be bothered I guess, better vomit in the water tank again.

They take the pills once a day, right? If the dupe took one, they will not take a second one.
Restricting dupes using door permissions.. is easy.
You could also build lead suits for the high radiation areas and give the option to "sea food" that gives more radiation resistance

If you want to be exploit-y, when the notification comes up that someone's vomiting, hit the pause button real quick, select that dupe, and tell them to move some short distance. It will interrupt the vomit animation. So they'll still lose 20 rads but you won't have to clean up a mess.

And then figure out how to creatively place some igneous, aluminum, or plastic tiles to minimize exposure. On the surface putting one tile as a sun-shade over the top of a ladder will do quite a lot.

The rad pills are frustrating, I would typically prefer my dupes only take them "as needed", like the curative tablets. Or it should be possible to produce them 10 at a time like the allergy meds. And lastly, they should be storable in a storage bin instead of a fridge or if nothing else, make them smaller (like 0.01 kg). Who takes a 1kg pill anyway? And finally, I'd like them to be able to pick up a few pills and carry them in inventory so they don't go running from the other side of the asteroid because its suddenly time to take their pill. Likewise for the allergy meds, but I strictly avoid dupes with allergies, so that's never a problem.

Trying to manage pills through the consumables screen is a pain. That screen in general doesn't work very well - has to be scrolled in 2 directions. The curative tablets are fine, same with the slime lung med packs, no complaints about those. 

12 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

They take the pills once a day, right? If the dupe took one, they will not take a second one.
Restricting dupes using door permissions.. is easy.
You could also build lead suits for the high radiation areas and give the option to "sea food" that gives more radiation resistance

No pills taken.
There is some hidden "priority" where a healty dupe takes a rad pill for some reason, while a radiation poisoned dupe has to wait their turn.
So the pills were already "taken".
This is why the poisoned dupe just walks by them.

And this priority is enforced always, its not like a roundabout thing, where they take turns taking rad pills, no no no.
If the healthy dupes with higher priority have their rad pill effect wear off, they take another rad pill before a poisoned dupe again.
What ends up happening is that the medicine dupe cant keep up with the demand, so all pills are taken, before the poisoned dupe has a chance to take one.

P.S. Dont get me started on the led/atmo suit thing... or the landing on another planetoid madness.

image.thumb.png.d162de4899cbf08050b1cc57d9b021b0.png

Helmet off, cant get back to the rocket, holding breath for some reason, even though the suit has oxygen, briliant.

From the wiki: "It also cannot be used to return to the Rocket from which it deployed. Therefore, the player must be careful that a deployed Duplicant doesn't suffocate before building a Rocket Platform"

Good luck buddy, hold your breath until you construct a Rocket Platfrom, with 0 Construction.

4 hours ago, alexkuzmov said:

holding breath for some reason

The helmet is a visual glitch but holding their breath means that the suit has no oxygen anymore (and the bar of the suit is invisible like the helmet. The bar below the dupe is their remaining oxygen of holding breath)

4 hours ago, alexkuzmov said:

There is some hidden "priority" where a healty dupe takes a rad pill for some reason, while a radiation poisoned dupe has to wait their turn.

I don't think there is any hidden priority. Rad pill is a "prevention" medication, not a healing one. Every dupe will take one once a cycle.
 image.png.0ce5340993723197d31c177500a47b89.png

If you don't want your dupes taking it, you need to simply not allow them to take any using the consumables menu

image.thumb.png.2627295d12b575138714c96b0835a085.png

As for landing on a planet, I made a steam guide about Spaced Out rocket basics if it helps
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2713835699 

Archived