please change wickerbottom's full moon book recipe

As the title suggests I would like to have the new book recipe changed, i feel like its overwhelming to obtain it, a big majority of people wont go out of their way to obtain the gem let alone a lot of people don't know about the gem existence,  the previous recipe was fine, it was fun, it was fun to change the moon cycle, and if it was "op" I would like to suggest adding moon glass and moon rocks instead of the current one, people are meant to enjoy the item, to achieve wanting it, not feel like its a chore. I hate using the phrase op but what most people think is "op" is actually something fun and utility but people are upset you can get it early on even though altering the world can be a nice challenge, in my opinion this is just forcing people to avoid or not caring about the items because they lost their spark and became a chore

I would like to know what do you think, leave your thoughts down and I will be happy to read them.

6 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

@Creatorofswamps yellow gem does not make sense either since its basically iri gem before moonstone event, the whole point of the discourse is that the recipe is using one of the rarest gems in the game them being green yellow (and after moonstone event iri) and orange

I'm sorry I'm not a native speaker, and now because of the translator I don't quite understand what you're talking about :_<

Just now, Creatorofswamps said:

I'm sorry I'm not a native speaker, and now because of the translator I don't quite understand what you're talking about :_<

Its okay, you suggested Yellow Gem instead of Iridescent Gem, which in my opinion isn't good choice. The reason is that Yellow Gem turns into Iridescent Gem (it is as if the recipe required Purple Gem and your suggestion would call for Blue Gem + Red Gem). Yellow Gem along with Orange, Green and Iridescent are in the same tier of rarity, so using any of those gems wouldn't not be better than using Iridescent Gem

The recipe looks just as gorgeous as it is now. Iridescent gemstone, for many years, was an item that had no use at all, now it's finally getting recognition. Changing the moon's phase shouldn't be something that simple anyway, players having the basic knowledge of their existence is the minimum. Not to mention that this gem has a lot to do with the full moon.

As for people taking the gem to make books, that means we would have more full moons and a lot more possibilities to make multiple iri gems.

19 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

Its okay, you suggested Yellow Gem instead of Iridescent Gem, which in my opinion isn't good choice. The reason is that Yellow Gem turns into Iridescent Gem (it is as if the recipe required Purple Gem and your suggestion would call for Blue Gem + Red Gem). Yellow Gem along with Orange, Green and Iridescent are in the same tier of rarity, so using any of those gems wouldn't not be better than using Iridescent Gem

thank you for explaining in more detail ^-^ there has been so much aggression on the betta forum lately that it's already sad, I understand what you mean, that all the gems will be too late in the game? I don't quite agree with you, the orange-green and yellow plan will still be faster to get than the Rainbow Stone, since they fall out of dragon fly, gemini and malbatros, again, there is no binding to caves, which is obviously good for many. (or, if you're very lucky, with a tumbleweed) + this will allow you to create grimoires more massively. I also liked the idea where one person suggested using a lunar lens with amethyst, lunar webster and lunar mushroom, but it still seems to me that amethysts are too easy to get. and yes, lenses with a green stone and a yellow stone have not yet been replaced in crafts

11 minutes ago, Castiliano said:

As for people taking the gem to make books, that means we would have more full moons and a lot more possibilities to make multiple iri gems.

how are you going to propagate the stone?

5 minutes ago, Creatorofswamps said:
how are you going to propagate the stone?

If you have a full moon when you want, that means you can turn a Star Caller into a Moon Caller WHEN you want, without even having to wait for the moon to cycle. Taking a gem from the archives and coming back with several of them more easily seems fair to me and a great mechanic!

28 minutes ago, Castiliano said:

If you have a full moon when you want, that means you can turn a Star Caller into a Moon Caller WHEN you want, without even having to wait for the moon to cycle. Taking a gem from the archives and coming back with several of them more easily seems fair to me and a great mechanic!

although it pleases, if they do not change the recipe, it will be a little consolation. but still it won't solve the problem for a world without caves. and it's extremely sad [>~<]

1 minute ago, Creatorofswamps said:

although it pleases, if they do not change the recipe, it will be a little consolation. but still it won't solve the problem for a world without caves. and it's extremely sad [>~<]

There was a suggestion to add them to sunken chest loot table which I think is a good idea since most people tend to see sunken chests as not worth it in their current state and it would be easier for me to convince others to go treasure hunting with me.:)

2 hours ago, Castiliano said:

The recipe looks just as gorgeous as it is now. Iridescent gemstone, for many years, was an item that had no use at all, now it's finally getting recognition. Changing the moon's phase shouldn't be something that simple anyway, players having the basic knowledge of their existence is the minimum. Not to mention that this gem has a lot to do with the full moon.

Your second paragraph contradicts the first. "It's good that the item is rare, it's very powerful. Btw the item isn't rare at all because you get 2 for free in the archives and the book lets you get more for free".

The recipe works fine in single player but doesn't work at all in multiplayer. You literally need to join first and rush taking those gems if you want any chance of getting the book before someone else takes them and decides that they're done playing now. 

26 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

The recipe works fine in single player but doesn't work at all in multiplayer. You literally need to join first and rush taking those gems if you want any chance of getting the book before someone else takes them and decides that they're done playing now. 

This is something Wanda and Walter deal with for their primary perk I don't see this being a issue for 1 of 16 books.

5 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

This is something Wanda and Walter deal with for their primary perk I don't see this being a issue for 1 of 16 books.

Exactly, everyone is fighting for this recipe as if it's one of 2 her craftables. Apart from that, she can easily control the rain, the crop growth (rip Wormwood), the fish and bird spawning, make tentacle traps and summon grumble bees without even fighting the bee queen. What is the big deal about one book being justifiably more expensive than the others? 

52 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

? Are we talking about Thulecite Fragments here? Thy are much more abundant than the gems...

8 minutes ago, xxXolot said:

? Are we talking about Thulecite Fragments here? Thy are much more abundant than the gems...

How about Wigfrid? She has 7 songs. One requires to visit the ruins, one requires to go to the Lunar, one requires to catch a fish, one requires to farm. And none of those songs even are remotely as powerful as Lunar Grimoire. As Mike said, even the recipes for Christmas fluff have more depth and encourage exploration more than Wicker's book. 

12 minutes ago, xxXolot said:

To make thulecite fragments renewable you need to activate the archives via moon caller event or defeat fuel weaver and in Walter's case it's a intensive resource sink. Wanda warp watch is time gated by mac tusks or treasure hunting and the deconstruction staff same as wicker atm. Walter's freeze and slowdown rounds are locked behind gems and moon stone which aren't very plentiful in the early game and aren't multiplayer friendly with multiple Walter's or multipe people who just use gems in general. If you go on any public server early game you'll see Walter's using gold why? Because marble takes a long time to mass produce and relies on the honor system in pubs on whether it'll be given the time to grow. Meanwhile wickerbottom's book is a permanent upgrade that fixes itself.

1 minute ago, maxwell_winters said:

How about Wigfrid? She has 7 songs. One requires to visit the ruins, one requires to go to the Lunar, one requires to catch a fish, one requires to farm. And none of those songs even are remotely as powerful as Lunar Grimoire. As Mike said, even the recipes for Christmas fluff have more depth and encourage exploration more than Wicker's book. 

I am just mention this over the discussion point "You literally need to join first and rush taking those gems if you want any chance of getting the book before someone else takes them and decides that they're done playing now" by @Cheggf

It's significantly more harder to run out Thulecite Fragments and you can remake Thulecite Fragments with Dust Moth too (require Archive activation), not to mention ruin reset, which makes rushing for Walter and Wanda less necessary.

20 minutes ago, xxXolot said:

I am just mention this over the discussion point "You literally need to join first and rush taking those gems if you want any chance of getting the book before someone else takes them and decides that they're done playing now" by @Cheggf

The issue of recovering opal from the archives is vastly exaggerated. If you play with friends on a private server, you would make a collective decision whether to rush this book or no. And on public servers, the gems might be taken away by any character, either because of griefieng or lack of knowledge. That's why I suggest simply making them irremovable. Honestly, it would be much worse for public servers if the recipe was widely accessible, so new players and griefers would be spamming the full moon to no end. And yes, moon glass is still accessible since you have all the tools now to rush the lunar. It's not 2020 anymore. And also, the lunar moth is barely a gate from griefers by itself since Wicker doesn't even need the science machine to craft the bug net.

And why are you treating this game like a race? You're not forced to get the end-game items by the first winter. You totally can do it but you're not obligated. Besides, there is a fault in logic of "cheaper recipe" faction. Firstly, they say that the full moon isn't as powerful and the book isn't worth it but then they discuss the book as if it's something they would totally rush. This just seems like haggling at this point. "This TV ain't as good, it is scratched and I'm not gonna watch it often. Could you sell it for 3k instead of 15k?"

22 minutes ago, maxwell_winters said:

And why are you treating this game like a race? 

But... I didn't...? Someone mentioning over scenario of "It being too scarce so had to rush", and then the other person started comparing Thulecite Fragment to Iridescent Gem saying this two scenario is the same which I thought was kinda weird, but then @Mysterious box has provided logic to make them comparable so I understand that point now.

I have been always on Distilled Knowledge / Astral Detector camp over here which is almost Iridescent Gem requirement but doesn't require multiple of it if making multiple, so I don't think our view collide that much. I am not sure why you are so defensive over it must be Iridescent Gem when I mentioned Distilled Knowledge / Astral Detector early on.

2 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

What do Wanda and Walter need that there's only 2 of (which are right next to each other) in the world? And why are you acting like Walter's primary perk is whatever that is? 

1 minute ago, Cheggf said:

What do Wanda and Walter need that there's only 2 of (which are right next to each other) in the world? And why are you acting like Walter's primary perk is whatever that is? 

What does Wickerbottom need that there's only 2 of possible in a world see we can say that.

Just now, Mysterious box said:

What does Wickerbottom need that there's only 2 of possible in a world see we can say that.

Iridescent gems. Did you even look at the new recipe? Or read any of the comments you're responding to?

Archived