More characters could read Wicker books for gags

Not like really anything useful, not to be able cast spells. Just for a gag, to make things more funny and more unexpected. Some characters in their lore were able to read books, Wendy has diary, Wilson probably was taking sort of notes... So Wendy could read something for "Abigail", while it didn't do much (maybe just slight sanity change, or smile from Abby), Wilson would go insane by every book (all proper science, no puns! How it can be?), Willow... guess book in her hands would end set on fire, especially fire one. Any other funny ideas?

I really thought that with this rework all characters would be able to read the books and get sanity benefits/ penalties depending on which one.  Kid characters could get similar effects like Wurt (Wendy, Webber and Walter), some adults another set of sanity effects and other no effects at all (like Wolfgang and Wigfrid).

Some gag effects would be nica, like Woodie having a random transformation after reading lunar grimoire.

Just now, UnknowX said:

I really thought that with this rework all characters would be able to read the books and get sanity benefits/ penalties depending on which one.  Kid characters could get similar effects like Wurt (Wendy, Webber and Walter), some adults another set of sanity effects and other no effects at all (like Wolfgang and Wigfrid).

Some gag effects would be nica, like Woodie having a random transformation after reading lunar grimoire.

That would be nice but at the same with the book repairing themselves, having everyone with the ability to easily fully regenerate their sanity all the time from clicking just a couple 50 sanity books from one-two filled Bookcases is a bit sad for the sanity balance. That wouldn't make Wickerbottom bad, but definitively a huge proportion of her utility toward the group would be most busted pick & swap trick.

If they couldn't repair without the need of a Wicker at all, then I think I'd be actually happy with it, it's really just the 100% self sufficient thing that I don't like.

36 minutes ago, ADM said:

That would be nice but at the same with the book repairing themselves, having everyone with the ability to easily fully regenerate their sanity all the time from clicking just a couple 50 sanity books from one-two filled Bookcases is a bit sad for the sanity balance. That wouldn't make Wickerbottom bad, but definitively a huge proportion of her utility toward the group would be most busted pick & swap trick.

If they couldn't repair without the need of a Wicker at all, then I think I'd be actually happy with it, it's really just the 100% self sufficient thing that I don't like.

Maybe only wicker should be able to checkout books out of the bookshelf, after all, she is a librarian.

This would stop infinite book regeneration to ruin sanity management for solo players

I agree, some visual effects and funny quotes won't hurt. Though it'll be hard to makes one more set of quotes for reading (because I suppose there's already a separate quotes for each character for examination of every book), but it'll be a wholesome small detail

Having Wormwood read Horticulture for sanity would be awesome. I like that Wurt gets to read the books for sanity gain/loss. While I only play solo I never get to experience it, Considering the survivors know what the books are about considering their quotes inspecting the books expanding that feature could be cool.

Archived