Pirate Raids and more.

Howdy Klei Devs.

After having played over 150 hours of the new update I do think  Pirate Raids need to be adressed.
 In the map below, you will see how many Giant Trees I have. I can tell you they are over 100+ that have been farmed. Not only that you can see the marks of malbatross spots with Fish Farms that I've used insanely regularly to farm fish for shards for the hundreds of glowcaps as well as seasonal fish. I've spent full seasons on the ocean, that's over 2 hours in some cases, the routes are described on the map, and all I've got was a total of 3 raids (Green X Marks). I also have raids on More (which i think it just increase the number of the crew no the occurence?)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.44c01e540cd316b40c199cc736242e1d.png

It's okay if I don't get raided every day, but spending entire seasons without getting one, being so close to the island, farming fish, and not getting raided I think it destroys a bit of the charm of this update. I do enjoy the threat of the raid and how chaotic everything can get with them, without them being overwhelming because they are not, even after the addition of one more monkey in long worlds (which i think wasn't needed).

So my suggestion is not even getting them back to the older timmers, but hopefully, create a snowball effect? The more time we are without a raid the bigger chance we have to get raided. So we have a 20% chance, the first roll fails, the next roll 30% chance, and so on. Also maybe reduce to a max 10 min in the outer layer? 25min is way too long for a roll. 

Now to suggestions that occurred to me while playing this update.

• Boat Lantern, just like in shipwrecked. The Fish Farms are a really nice concept of how easy it is for us to drop stuff in the water and just have it there.
  • With the addition of more decor like the dock piles and banners, which are randomly generated just after placing, any chance you can work on a tool that would allow us to change the visuals of the entities that have multiple of them? Ex: Both described above, flowers, Potted fern/suc, Berry Bushes, etc.
  • Instead of having to build a glowcap with a CC shard, any chance you can give us a Mast Infinite Light upgrade that costs one shard? Also making it the light radius of the glowcap or even the crown itself, since the current boat light range is super small compared to other sources.
  • I'm here once again asking for Wonkey to have the ability to build those Monkey Huts.
  • Bioluminescence and other ocean fauna and flora. 
  • Currently, the Captain Hat is not as good and important as the Bandana, and is harder to get, what about it making us deal more damage with the Trident if we have the Captain Hat equipped? maybe Cannons too?
  • Polly - I would imagine most of us want to use Polly to retrieve stuff over the ocean, anyway we can make her prioritize what is in the ocean over what is in the land?
  • Applying Tree Jam on Non Giant trees (Birch, Palm, Evergreen etc) will make them stop cycling and remain big forever. Also stopping Evergreen from petrifying. 
  • Salt Lick - We have salt now so why not make them out of salt? To make it up for being a harder resource to get than nitre, especially early on, make it double the durability and refillable by left click, instead of us having to hammer down a structure to build it again?
  • Salt Warly Season - 10hp for the hardest spice to get is simply not worth it. Maybe make it so it slows down considerably the food spoilage of the cooked food?
  • Tamable GrassGators so we can ride them in Shoal Water zones. 

This was just an idea it occured because of the Thin Thank skin and I think it would be fitting to the whole update and even future ones:

Lighthouse made with a crown Shard. Has to be built on the Shoal Water or on a Dock only, and instead of having a radius like glowcaps and other lights, it has something like Winona Light but that is a cone both in front and back while being constantly rotating. Also bigger radius. Would be particularly nice so we know we are approaching our docks, especially since no light as big enough radius on the boat for those long winter nights, would for sure make me open the map a bit less 

Thank you for this absolutely blast of a patch. 

Glermz 

Love all of these suggestions, especially the salt lick.

For Polly, my main issue with her is that she picks up the nautopilot beacon. Would be great if that was a placeable item kinda like the Cawnival gift boxes.

On the pirate raids, yes please, more raids. I'd like to expand on the issues Glermz described above. The map of my megabase world has zero points of interest around the monkey island, which means I rarely have a reason to go to the monkey island and hence never see raids. I would *love* a world setting to allow the raids to spawn much further to the island in addition to the spawn frequency changes suggested by Glermz.

I'd personally want a buff in fueling for the mast light cause it costs so much fuel just to run it.

I do like the idea of a lighthouse. I kinda want it to allow the player to extend their scrolling vision out to further with it as if you can detect more things around.

Archived