Meteors outside of mosaic biome

In my ongoing world I built my base below a mosaic biome  but I find that it damaged by meteors even though most of it is outside the mosaic biome. As a temporary fix I installed a mod that makes meteors not damage structures but they still hit my glommer and I keep having to replace him and I'd like to see an official fix.

Please don't comment that it's part of the game as I didn't build my base in the mosaic biome...

10 hours ago, Just-guy said:

You could just turn them off in the World Settings, you really just need them for them for the Suspicious Boulder, to get the Celestial Orb.

thanks! I didn't know that was a setting...

Honestly meteors feel like a poorly implemented mechanic. I think it would be better to have a dedicated "crater" structure, similar to the oasis or moonglass pillar things, where a bunch of meteors can impact at once. That would make it super obvious where meteors will land, and make using them as a source of minerals much less of a hassle. Hell, it might even make the mosaic a new contender for a base location, since the main issue with using meteors as a source of minerals is the need to basically check the entire biome for rocks.

On 7/8/2022 at 11:22 PM, Masked Koopa said:

Honestly meteors feel like a poorly implemented mechanic. I think it would be better to have a dedicated "crater" structure, similar to the oasis or moonglass pillar things, where a bunch of meteors can impact at once. That would make it super obvious where meteors will land, and make using them as a source of minerals much less of a hassle. Hell, it might even make the mosaic a new contender for a base location, since the main issue with using meteors as a source of minerals is the need to basically check the entire biome for rocks.

I like the meteor fields the way they are...if you base in or near mosaic, there is a fairly good chance that you will be in the meteor field, but mosaic isn't usually a stellar base location anyways, it never has been... It's close to spawn and the only good resources are rocks, there are few trees, forage or anything else of worth inside of mosaic, including grass or twigs... There are obvious signs for where the meteor field will be, and uncertain players can wait to see exactly what the range of meteor field is before deciding to base anywhere.

Archived