Does the monkey island portal appear before killing celestial champion?

Supposedly wagstaff uses the energy from the champion (or a portion of it) which causes the portal found on the monkey island to appear. In my world, I've already killed the champion, and the portal is there, which makes sense, but what if I hadn't killed it? Would the portal be there?

6 minutes ago, LinknAllie said:

Canonically it's there after.  But they didn't want to lock the content behind a long quest.

Oh geez could you imagine locking it behind pearl, the archives, crab king, the moon storm and celestial champion. Holy crap some players would never see the moon quey oh I forgot the moon stone event too

1 minute ago, LitulLola said:

Oh geez could you imagine locking it behind pearl, the archives, crab king, the moon storm and celestial champion. Holy crap some players would never see the moon quey

Most people don't even make it past crab king.  I have to force myself to fight him everytime.

4 minutes ago, LinknAllie said:

Most people don't even make it past crab king.  I have to force myself to fight him everytime.

Lmao I think everyone has to force themselves to fight him, he's like a hang nail that just doesn't go away

I've reasoned that the portal frame could have been from one of Wagstaff's attempts to make the portals in a different world/universe from the one the characters currently reside in. Thus, the lore can coexist that Wagstaff blew up the portal while testing it out, but can still have him looking for the Celestial Champion's energy as he needs to try it in a different world/universe.

9 minutes ago, Frashaw27 said:

I've reasoned that the portal frame could have been from one of Wagstaff's attempts to make the portals in a different world/universe from the one the characters currently reside in. Thus, the lore can coexist that Wagstaff blew up the portal while testing it out, but can still have him looking for the Celestial Champion's energy as he needs to try it in a different world/universe.

That could work. What if he made the portal in the world that the moon quay came from, instead of in ours? Time could be totally different there

1 hour ago, LinknAllie said:

Canonically it's there after.  But they didn't want to lock the content behind a long quest.

Not necessarily. Although wagstaff’s portal was almost definitely charged by lunar energy, it’s worth noting that the lunar battery and the capsule he puts the celestial champion energy into look completely different, and the capsule in-game is a hologram while the battery in the short is physically in the constant. Although wagstaff could have simply moved the lunar energy from one container to another, I don’t see why the artists at klei would have created a new lunar container for the short, instead of just using the one we see in-game, if this was the same lunar energy. Furthermore, it doesn’t make sense for Wagstaff to be using the champion’s energy to charge his portal, since we know he’s been able to travel in and out of the constant without it. Why would he want it so badly if he was just going to use it for something he has already done without it?

2FAC48D2-2443-4048-BB3A-1E07FA5BFD6D.jpeg

5D7F6281-FBA8-43A9-BE68-7096B1C8A9E8.jpeg

If it happens in one world it happens in all, changes at least, It's been like that since forever, I mean explain why you can visit the lunar grotto on day one? It should form later on right?

Explain how every world generated is the same, just with different layouts? Dying and respawning in different worlds is canon afterall.

2 hours ago, yourAnty said:

If it happens in one world it happens in all, changes at least, It's been like that since forever, I mean explain why you can visit the lunar grotto on day one? It should form later on right?

Explain how every world generated is the same, just with different layouts? Dying and respawning in different worlds is canon afterall.

yeah, important thing to remember is that time in constant is canonicly weird and messed up. 

10 hours ago, LinknAllie said:

It's a giant portal through space and time, I'm not so sure this is true

Also, I think Wagstaff is being kind of dumb. Lunar junk is weak snazz and I think that he should really be going after shadow manipulation.

5 hours ago, yourAnty said:

I don't know if it's true, Wilson might've died a lot in ADVENTURE MODE but death might not be always canon, especially considering the existence of ghosts in together, and well, ghosts in DS/T in general nevermind I checked

Archived