Playstation Shared Unlocks

I know it wasn't announced as a supported platform but could we get an update on where shared unlocks for Playstation stands? Is it something we should hold our breaths for? Or are platform licensing and distribution agreements in their current form preventing or making it financially unfeasible?

11 hours ago, yourAnty said:

Sony is extremely anti-consumer in regards to cross-platform progression or even play, so I wouldn't hope for it.

Theyve loosened the reins on cross play, so if we ever do get that in DST it wont be a problem for PS players. 

Same for cross progression, 5 years ago it would be a flat out no, but they dont really care as long as you follow a bunch of requirements they set. The problem is wherease newer games can account for these requirements during initial development, games made before these requirements were established are kinda faced with the challenge of having to retroactivlely implement them which may or not be worth the ressources and time.

I would like to get an update though, the statement from April is still the current information we have, but my guess is theyve reached a stalemate.

On 7/2/2022 at 10:50 PM, sudoku said:

The problem is wherease newer games can account for these requirements during initial development, games made before these requirements were established are kinda faced with the challenge of having to retroactivlely implement them which may or not be worth the ressources and time.

I'm actually curious about this. I remember during the whole Apple/Epic trial a lot of details were released about Epic's deal with Sony. It was some fancy math involving revenue share vs gameplay share. What details do you know?

Archived