We need mob rework or at least a update.

I think some of the older mob in the game feel a bit off to where DST is right now, like I forget half of the cave mob name and there like 12 of them and the old model really crash with the newer one like the only thing that make them look like they from the same game is the general art style.

The models for the old cave mobs are fine imo, but I would like if they gave a little bit of love to em after all this time.

Depth dwellers are functionally identical to spider warriors which is quite sad for any Webber players that want spider variety. Rock lobsters feel completely forgotten about; they fall in the same category as tallbirds in that respect. I don’t know what you could do to them but they’re such a cool mob and I’d love for them to see some kind of consideration from Klei.

10 hours ago, deemo_ said:

Rock lobsters feel completely forgotten about; they fall in the same category as tallbirds in that respect. I don’t know what you could do to them but they’re such a cool mob and I’d love for them to see some kind of consideration from Klei.

They are an underground bush hat defense force

11 hours ago, deemo_ said:

Rock lobsters feel completely forgotten about; they fall in the same category as tallbirds in that respect.

Why are you guys always calling things forgotten just because they haven't been changed for no reason? What's wrong with rock lobsters and tallbirds? 

43 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Why are you guys always calling things forgotten just because they haven't been changed for no reason? What's wrong with rock lobsters and tallbirds? 

It not that they should be change but it be nice to have something new with them, like there ocean and Wobster now why don't the rock lobster get something new? Wobster get a new form before them, rock lobster should have a glass armor form, bunnymen also have the same problem there lunar island now why don't they have a lunar variant? I know they probably save it for the lunar new year but they should still exist in normal game.

3 hours ago, Waoling said:

It not that they should be change but it be nice to have something new with them, like there ocean and Wobster now why don't the rock lobster get something new? Wobster get a new form before them, rock lobster should have a glass armor form, bunnymen also have the same problem there lunar island now why don't they have a lunar variant? I know they probably save it for the lunar new year but they should still exist in normal game.

But bunnymen are already a variant of rabbits on the surface and rock lobsters are part of the Walter defense force. All jokes aside I don't really see a point in adding more variants to them I'd perfer more new mobs instead since variants for the sake of variants kind of cheapens the mobs(and brings up more questions)

20 hours ago, deemo_ said:

The models for the old cave mobs are fine imo, but I would like if they gave a little bit of love to em after all this time.

Depth dwellers are functionally identical to spider warriors which is quite sad for any Webber players that want spider variety. Rock lobsters feel completely forgotten about; they fall in the same category as tallbirds in that respect. I don’t know what you could do to them but they’re such a cool mob and I’d love for them to see some kind of consideration from Klei.

Maybe this would be 'OP' but I think if there was a hard way to get the lobsters to the surface in DST would go a long way to make them not forgotten? Honestly don't know if there's anything to do that would make them useful in the current state of them as a mob.

3 hours ago, yourAnty said:

Maybe this would be 'OP' but I think if there was a hard way to get the lobsters to the surface in DST would go a long way to make them not forgotten? Honestly don't know if there's anything to do that would make them useful in the current state of them as a mob.

They are nearly invincible and can hold enemy aggro for an infinitely long period of time. How are they not useful? 

11 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

But bunnymen are already a variant of rabbits on the surface and rock lobsters are part of the Walter defense force. All jokes aside I don't really see a point in adding more variants to them I'd perfer more new mobs instead since variants for the sake of variants kind of cheapens the mobs(and brings up more questions)

I don't know why we can't have new mob while also updating the old one? I think it make the mobs richer it make them feel more like a living being that adapt to the enviroment and how would that bring a lot more question? Them not adapting to the new enviroment bring more question than if they did.

^^

1 hour ago, Mentos said:

any other reason for this besides "well it's old ig lol"

16 hours ago, Cheggf said:

It’s just the little things with older parts of DS/T like these. They’re fine as is because they’re so insignificant that how useful they are doesn’t matter, but it’d still be nice to see them worked on a tiny bit.

Tallbirds, for one, aren’t even guaranteed in a world and hatching their eggs should absolutely be a method of regenerating their nests. Rock lobsters are useful but I can’t help but be a little saddened that their Stone Claw and Rocky Claw weapons weren’t added to the game, they look really cool.

Spoiler

The Stone Claw and Rocky Claw I’m talking about, they were datamined out of the files in the Newhome beta (I think) and they’re featured on the fandom wiki’s Unimplemented Features page: 

465CDF22-88D9-4CE8-B5EE-733FF0EE46B5.jpeg.1785192d4678ed6da33561a314dd65b8.jpeg

74C03033-9041-4E77-95E6-8731EE86EDC5.jpeg.eb52ef02544d1ab074258356c519ec1b.jpeg

45 minutes ago, Waoling said:

I don't know why we can't have new mob while also updating the old one? I think it make the mobs richer it make them feel more like a living being that adapt to the enviroment and how would that bring a lot more question? Them not adapting to the new enviroment bring more question than if they did.

The thing is it brings more questions making every mob adapt there are specific reasons for the mobs that look different either due to mutations or a extraordinary ability to adapt to their environment while bunnymen might eventually get a reason to leave the caves at some point rock lobsters were banished to the caves during Maxwell's reign but considering how resource rich the caves are I don't see why they'd be willing to leave or travel somewhere that might change their body away from their food source.      

7 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

The thing is it brings more questions making every mob adapt there are specific reasons for the mobs that look different either due to mutations or a extraordinary ability to adapt to their environment while bunnymen might eventually get a reason to leave the caves at some point rock lobsters were banished to the caves during Maxwell's reign but considering how resource rich the caves are I don't see why they'd be willing to leave or travel somewhere that might change their body away from their food source.      

Maybe the land they were in got flooded with ocean water so they have to move somewhere else, what I trying to say here is that the new ocean and island should interact more with the cave and not just in their own isolated area there no ocean between normal cave and lunar cave so I don't know why they don't interaction with one another.

On 6/20/2022 at 2:48 PM, Cheggf said:

They are nearly invincible and can hold enemy aggro for an infinitely long period of time. How are they not useful? 

How do I say this... What do you need to infinitely aggro in the caves? Worms? there's 3 per player or so every wave, you don't need them for anything, it's fun taking an eternity to transport them near or into the ruins though, that's the only use I could see now after some more thought, just have a massive group of them outside or inside of the ruins to keep killing depth worms while you're loading the map around you in case you need to refuel your moggles.

Archived