Using carbon skimmers for oxygen

Tired of carbon dioxide but want to use that carbon dioxide for oxygen.

Then carbon skimmers are the solution for you.

Use large water sources or renewable geysers/vents to fill your skimmers then use the resulting polluted water for your oxygen off gassing needs.

2 hours ago, Saturnus said:

Or do what most people do, stick your carbon skimmers on the existing bathroom loop and avoid a completely unnecessary complication.

Yeah. I am not a big fan of "standard builds", but this one is glaringly obvious.

4 hours ago, Saturnus said:

Or do what most people do, stick your carbon skimmers on the existing bathroom loop and avoid a completely unnecessary complication.

I am a big fan (and use personally) the toilet loops, however I continuously ran into oxygen problems inside my main base early to mid game because I run a high duplicant population games (about 20-25 dupes for achievements and chugging bbq in the last 80-100 cycles of carnivore).

When I looked for alternatives outside of algae everything always turned back towards p/oxygen, slime biomes are heaven sent (but not all maps have them in large quantities) since you can break into it and forget oxygen entirely for a long while but that's limited to area outside of your base where ladders (in my case) prevailed and allowed air flow.

Inside my base tho, when I looked for the p/oxygen alternative, a lot of what was suggested had to do reservoir deconstructing or forcing duplicants dropping bottles into a pit which ended up requiring too much attention (This being the big thing) and duplicant labor (Even tho I run large duplicant colonies they are busy doing many other things such as cooking,ranching, manual generators for achievements, or just straight up digging the map to name a few).

What I offer isn't ment to be game breaking, It's ment to be there for people to see so they know it can be done as a alternative when your are in a rush (like forcing duplicants into a nature reserve with a shower every cycle when you don't have time to position the nature reserve early on or lack pips.)

Having said that, many thanks for the point of view tho

I do this, but the goal isn't oxygen, it's ceramic. And crops that require polluted water. If you're playing vanilla, and you've got unlimited regolith for filtration medium, this isn't a bad approach. These consume filtration medium at an obscene pace. In Spaced Out, that's often in much smaller supply, and I don't build my ceramic factory until I've got my arbor tree farm and pokeshell ranches going.

1. connect polluted water pipe with 10 water tanks (without output)

2. waterlock and vacuum area

3. spill water 1kg per tile

4. Wait until all water tanks full

5. deconstruct water tanks, each drop bottle with 5 tons of polluted water 

6. start from beginning

each polluted water bottle make a LOT of polluted oxygen, and there is no chance something will collapse because of high pressure.

Archived