Boat space.. Any idea's?

We are really running out of space on our boats for all our things. Could the hit boxes be reduced for anything placed on the boat?

Maybe we could have chests that tied to the side of our boat (not sure how it would work with bumpers) Or maybe a new ocean chest tied to the anchor by a longer rope to tow it behind you? The ocean chests could be a clam shell or pirate chest with a float ring around it (it could be pulled in by raising the anchor) I would want a craftable lock so the damn monkeys don't steal my crap tho (like the one's on the big clams) 

The cannons could be portable but only deployable out at sea???

You need to be smart when placing things on boats, different structures need to be placed different amounts of space away, so, you place the "Bigger" things first, then work your way down to smaller things. so like, start with crock pot, furnace, ect, then move down to fridge, anchor, steering wheel, ect, then down to chests and masts.

But what I dont like, is when things take up space when they shouldnt. for example: Boat patches and the new Bumpers. Boat patches dont necessarily take up space, but if you hover the cursor over them when trying to place something, you cant place anything on them.

and the bumpers for some reason take up huge amounts of space on boats despite being on the 'edge' of the boat

The main issue here is that you're trying to fit everything on a single boat. It's not like you'd really need a cannon if you were just taking a quick trip to pearl's island, yeah? I'd say you'd be better off building a fleet of specialized ships instead. Yknow, a fishing boat, gunboat, sailboat, those kinds of things. It's more space, yeah, but with the new docks, it shouldn't get too much in the way of anything.

image.thumb.png.bbb26cb4ea4aba41131fc9d26ec2cb12.pngimage.thumb.png.24f89e9917ab90390c0de5b33eee297f.png

Here are two quick examples I threw together. 

6 hours ago, pyroisshy said:

They really need to make boat versions of essential structures. Everybody who wants to sail for a long period of time is gonna build an icebox and a crockpot, and they take up like half the ship

Maybe a little kitchen structure that is combining a crock pot and an ice box.

The magnets arrived so I think we can do something more elaborate like storage and stuff in the other one while main ship is ready to fight and sail properly

And when Isay fight I mean it in a very clear way  cuz I put 8 cannons there xD

2 hours ago, MrSoratori said:

The magnets arrived so I think we can do something more elaborate like storage and stuff in the other one while main ship is ready to fight and sail properly

And when Isay fight I mean it in a very clear way  cuz I put 8 cannons there xD

what if...Catapult boat with new magnets?

It's almost like a sea Abigail!

it might be impractical, but it would be cool sailing around with tools of mass destruction. 

18 hours ago, YouKnowWho said:

The main issue here is that you're trying to fit everything on a single boat. It's not like you'd really need a cannon if you were just taking a quick trip to pearl's island, yeah? I'd say you'd be better off building a fleet of specialized ships instead. Yknow, a fishing boat, gunboat, sailboat, those kinds of things. It's more space, yeah, but with the new docks, it shouldn't get too much in the way of anything.

image.thumb.png.bbb26cb4ea4aba41131fc9d26ec2cb12.pngimage.thumb.png.24f89e9917ab90390c0de5b33eee297f.png

Here are two quick examples I threw together. 

I really like your setup! Super cute too. Yes, right now I have several boats for different things. But I wish we didn't have too. I don't have geo placement (on console) so it's incredibly difficult to place much more than the essentials on a boat. So I guess I'm part of the problem....

19 hours ago, YouKnowWho said:

Glad to finally see someone say this!! It's how I've always used boats, and it also makes treasures 10x more convenient if you've got a few treasure trawling boats across the world rather than having to sail your singular boat aaaaaallll the way around to the other side of the world for a faraway treasure.

14 hours ago, Queron81 said:

Maybe a little kitchen structure that is combining a crock pot and an ice box.

That's a creative idea! Yeah I wish more things could be incorporated together or that some things could attach to the side of our boats or be "boat" versions of themselves. Without geo it makes it difficult, I find myself saying that more and more these days

Thank you all for your feedback!

6 minutes ago, meow meow meow said:

Glad to finally see someone say this!! It's how I've always used boats, and it also makes treasures 10x more convenient if you've got a few treasure trawling boats across the world rather than having to sail your singular boat aaaaaallll the way around to the other side of the world for a faraway treasure.

Yeah I have 4 right now. 2 treasure and knobbly tree nut boats and 2 everyday boats on opposite sides of the constant. I'll have to make 2 more for the new stuff. I have no idea how to fit all the new content on one boat! lol I have a feeling I'll skip the rudder and cannons for now

Archived