The Curse of Moon Quay and the things discovered

This is just a thread to post things that we've discovered big or small for the update figured this would be a good idea to gathering info as we're learning

I don't have much myself at the moment since I haven't had a lot of time to test it yet but here's two things:

1.  The new pirate hat polly roger spawns a bird who collects loot for you like the lazy forager but slower.

2. Turning into a monkey as Walter detaches Woby from you and she wanders around on her own.

Trawler net is a auto fishing system you put food in and it fishes for you automatically you have to raise it up before 5 fish enter tho or else they'll break the net and escape it actually fishes them out quite fast too haven't had a chance to fully test it but it might have been due to me putting 4 berries in which caused them to swarm the net so fast.

Edit: seems you don't need to put food into the trawler they'll still enter though I still think food might draw them in faster.

There seems to be a limit to how far your dock can go from land however it goes far enough that you can have a dock leading to a salt formation for easy mining.

Also it seems grass raft is very resistant to cookie cutters though that may or may not be intentional.

14 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Also it seems grass raft is very resistant to cookie cutters though that may or may not be intentional.

This may be because cookie cutters devour wood and wood objects. If you put wood in the water you can use to distract them from you. Grass might be an alternative to dealing with them

On 6/16/2022 at 9:41 PM, Intrepidpioneer said:

This may be because cookie cutters devour wood and wood objects. If you put wood in the water you can use to distract them from you. Grass might be an alternative to dealing with them

You can do this if you are on PC with Drag and Drop Mouse controls- On an Xbox Controller though? Yeah that is not an option so these Grass Rafts will likely become my Go-To Alternative.

29 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

You can do this if you are on PC with Drag and Drop Mouse controls- On an Xbox Controller though? Yeah that is not an option so these Grass Rafts will likely become my Go-To Alternative.

Or kill them? I know you play on xbox and im dure it sounds interesting but im honna be real with you: i have never and will never be scared of cookie cutters. I just approach slowly and kill as i go, they only have 100 health its literally doable with a spear. I have never even considered baiting them out because they’re such a nonthreat, and they move so slow. 

i appreciate you being here and bringing console related issues to klei’s attention. But this isnt one of those issues. Its for flavor not gameplay.

image.png.b01e39d386fbe8aa89a4d01f348d51b7.png

So I've noticed the Polly Rogers hat can be given to followers but the parrot will just keep trying to give the first thing to it, which will fail because pig man in this case do not have inventory slots. I think there's some potential for automation if Klei can make the parrot drop things off to the nearest container or player instead. Imagine 4 followers with these hats on to increase the rate at which things get picked up. Then 5 nights later, commit massacre, and stitch the blood soaked hats up like new for the next round of volunteers. 

Archived