Any tips to get better at playing Wanda?

2 hours ago, Cheggf said:

You will never make up for the time you lose scouting the entire world out, figuring out there's one mactusk, then resetting until you get four. Even if you get it on the second attempt that's like an hour completely wasted.

Well, i usually run the command that announces how many walrus camps in the world, so thats might be a problem only on public servers

20 minutes ago, YoJniy said:

Well, i usually run the command that announces how many walrus camps in the world, so thats might be a problem only on public servers

You can also use the console to give yourself infinite rift watches and oneshot all the bosses. 

you can take apart unwanted watches using Clockmaker's Tool. This way, you can reuse backtrack watch for new locations.

2 hours ago, Gi-Go said:

Thanks for debunking!

idk how exactly it works, but when I kill Macs when there is "3 days left in winter", some of the 4 camps respawn Macs by the end of winter, which means they respawn in less than 3 days. "3 days left in winter" means less than 3 days. "1 day left in winter" means tmr is spring, which means you have less than 1 day in winter.

It's not guarenteed, but I always check when I'm desperate, and usually I get extra tusks.

Just now, YoJniy said:

Don't feel bad for valuing your real life time over being called a cheater. Play however you think is better for you. 

1 hour ago, YoJniy said:

Well nothing matters if you bring console commands into the mix.

You can also just teleport around the place with commands, why even bother with watches?

32 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

Don't feel bad for valuing your real life time over being called a cheater. Play however you think is better for you. 

Who is calling anyone a cheater?

If you don't find any clockwork bishop around for the purple gem, you can try grave-digging before going into the ruins. There is actually a good chance that you get either one purple gem or a red+ blue one as far as I've tried. 

On 6/10/2022 at 5:34 PM, Zerobillion said:

This right here is why pubs are full of people dying to terrorbeaks.

You never have to be insane 24/7, even Wanda doesn't need THAT much nightmare fuel and when you do it's not hard to simply jump back and forth between a wormhole. No reason to constantly be at risk of dying because you looked away from the screen for half a second to swat a fly out of your face.

one man's preference has nothing to do with people dying on pubs lol. That happens and will happen all the time, a pub is a place for experiments and frequented by newcomers a lot. 

As for how much to stay insane it depends, you really do eat through a lot of nmfuel as Wanda but being insane 24/7 does get annoying, so personally I don't do it but I don't see a problem with it. 

2 hours ago, BeeClops said:

one man's preference has nothing to do with people dying on pubs lol. That happens and will happen all the time, a pub is a place for experiments and frequented by newcomers a lot. 

This isn't about preferences, it's about TIPS to PLAY the game. Not what you like to do personally. Yes pubs are frequented by newcomers, that's my point. Do you honestly believe "purposefully stay insane 24/7" is advice to be giving to a new player? Get out of here with that.

Hell, being insane is something they will probably already do by accident and then promptly die because of it.

Let's try to use some sense here please.

I bet very few know this one:

Ageless Watch interrupts damage from further hurting the clock meter. For example, if you eat a red mushroom, which should add 8 ages. But if you use the watch immediately after eating the mushroom, you will not take any further damage even tho the damage hasn't run its full course on the clock. If you got a heavy hit by deerclops without armor for example, since the attack interval is long, you can first use your age watch immediately, limit the damage to 8 ages (normally, it's 30 ages), then run away afterwards. Same with fighting tree guards.

A quick tip is to give one Ageless Watch a hotkey, for emergency spamming. Of course, later, that hot key spot in the inventory can be swapped for backstep watch for quick dodge.

15 hours ago, goatt said:

I bet very few know this one:

Ageless Watch interrupts damage from further hurting the clock meter. For example, if you eat a red mushroom, which should add 8 ages. But if you use the watch immediately after eating the mushroom, you will not take any further damage even tho the damage hasn't run its full course on the clock. If you got a heavy hit by deerclops without armor for example, since the attack interval is long, you can first use your age watch immediately, limit the damage to 8 ages (normally, it's 30 ages), then run away afterwards. Same with fighting tree guards.

A quick tip is to give one Ageless Watch a hotkey, for emergency spamming. Of course, later, that hot key spot in the inventory can be swapped for backstep watch for quick dodge.

The reverse is also true and a lot more likely to happen. If you heal and get hit before the heal finishes it gets interrupted. This makes it impossible to heal while afflicted with something like starving or freezing. 

Archived