I wrote 5 DST in-depth guides!

Hello, everyone! I am completely new to this forum, though I have been a huge fan of DST for a long time. (My steam says I have almost 600 hours on record :apple:)

A few years ago, I've started suffering from a chronic illness, and video games have helped me a lot to cope with that.

I've also only been able to work from home. It would mean a lot to me if I could get a lot of feedback from the gaming community on this, as it may open the way for me to get more freelance writing work in the future! Thank you :)

Here they are!

Hope they will be useful to you! Any feedback on the gamersdecide website is greatly appreciated!

If I got anything wrong, do let me know and I will make it right!

[Top 10] Don't Starve Together Best Characters That Are Fun To Play

https://www.gamersdecide.com/articles/dont-starve-together-best-characters

[Top 10] Don't Starve Together Best Weapons (And How To Get Them)

https://www.gamersdecide.com/articles/dont-starve-together-best-weapons

[Top 10] Don't Starve Together Most Challenging Characters That Are Fun To Play

https://www.gamersdecide.com/articles/dont-starve-together-most-challenging-characters

[Top 10] Don't Starve Together Best Foods (And How To Get Them)

https://www.gamersdecide.com/articles/dont-starve-together-best-foods

[Top 15] Don't Starve Together Best Mods Every Player Should Have

https://www.gamersdecide.com/articles/dont-starve-together-best-mods

These guides looks pretty well written! As far as the mods you listed in your top 15, I only disagree with Too Many Items Plus, as I don't believe that mod has been functional in quite some time.

Good job on the writing, though I think the tutorials section of the modding subforum may not be the best place for them, perhaps the parent DST modding forum, or perhaps the general DST discussion forum.

Nice writing and just about all of the data is factually correct. These must have taken a while to make.

Couple things tho: There's a lot of pure cheat mods in "mods everyone should have" like increased stack size, extra equip slots, and no thermal stone durability. I'm not saying it's always bad to use these, but players should really try to experience the vanilla game first.

You linked a lot of Beard777's videos in your guides. It's fine if you didn't know, but try not to support this guy in the future.

I really don't recommend making ratatouille ever. The sum of its parts are almost always more hungerful than the full shebang.

Otherwise, the guides are pretty good! Amazing formatting. Good luck on your future writing endeavors :wilson_dorky:

13 minutes ago, hhh2 said:

who's gonna tell him?

that thermal stones where drastically buffed from single player at the cost of having durability lose when the player doesnt keep their temperature above gray state as a way of balance an useless item to a really good one?

Aside from the suggestion to use the infinite thermal stone durability mod (which could be replaced by another mod like the uncompromising mode to my taste) these articles do a great job at encapsulating the spirit of Don't Starve and providing insightful details on various game mechanics.

Guided by TheBeard777's golden voice, I am confident new players will start taming the Constant in no time.

Thank you for this high quality game journalism and for having joined us in our struggle to not starve.

Cheers !

19 hours ago, Waynel said:

Guided by TheBeard777's golden voice

Ah yes the:

Hello guys.          Today.                We will be.      

Seeing a guide.

On the.

Top ten.

Characters.

*Proceeds to lengthen video to half an hour to add as many ads as humanly possible*

12 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

Ah yes the:

Hello guys.          Today.                Well will be.      

Seeing a guide.

On the.

Top ten.

Characters.

*Proceeds to lengthen video to half an hour to add as many ads as humanly possible*

"Oh damn video is already long enough to have monetisation, sorry but all other 9 characters from this top 10 list i will talk about in next video"

No offense but you "top 10 food items" link is not very reliable. Food items like ratatouille are extremely horrible even if made with mushrooms, which could be eaten plain for benefits. Its not credible or right to call mushrooms poisonous in this game too. Red caps can be used as vegetable filler for much more rejuvenating dishes, blue caps are excellent for health since sanity is easy to manage, and green caps can make you go insane with ease for nightmare fuel, or cooked to restore you back to normal. But calling ratatouille good? Incorrect on so many levels. Mushrooms are bad and shouldnt be eaten? Also very misleading cause your ignoring the tradeoff stats. 

Alongside that is the label your placing on many of these foods. "Bacon'n'eggs (best for health?)" no...its not. In fact there're cheaper options that provide much more total health. I could go on, but the point is these lists face a problem: their all too long. Top 10 is fine for other games, but not this one.

On 5/26/2022 at 5:28 PM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

that thermal stones where drastically buffed from single player at the cost of having durability lose when the player doesnt keep their temperature above gray state as a way of balance an useless item to a really good one?

They weren't useless! The fact that they didn't have durability meant you could put 3-4 of them in a backpack by a fire/endofire and superheat/cool yourself in seconds. I would rather have the weaker thermal stones with no durability back honestly. I get why it was changed for providing cheaper weather options for more players, but still.

Archived