53 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

I have seen many people ask for clothes and body armor to get pockets because inventory slots are so strong and they don't know how to manage their inventory. I have seen many people ask for prerework wx to get nerfed despite being the worst character in the game because for an extremely high cost he could get a movement speed bonus.

Walter has both a movement speed bonus and extra inventory slots, in addition to his freeze rounds, marble rounds, gold rounds, tent, and various other perks.

You just think Walter sucks because it you try to fight a boss with the slingshot it doesn't kill it immediately, which makes about as much sense as saying Wolfgang sucks because wimpy Wolfgang with a stone dumbbell as his weapon kills things too slow.

Ive grown out of backpacks I like my purty bonnet mining helmet so I can carry marble armor. Also people think WX is OP now, thats an annoying argument I wish to read. 

Two things I dont care about, movement speed and inventory. Mostly cause I make sure to live by necessities close by and its not like the world is that big plus tanking is easy; inventory because I hardly carry anything.

Thats called assuming (you seem to be good at that) because thats not even close to why I dislike Walter.  I dislike him due to, like woodie, he has the most google random generator perks. Ill explain what they are and why tiny "perks" are wierd, feel free to debate me I got nothing to do while Im on this car trip:

- allergic to bees? Well everyone has a favorite food lets give everyone an allergy too. Its just such a wierd thing on him, making a solo bee queen fight more difficult than it should be by creating a less affective tanking atmosphere. This alone made me stay away, cause oddly enough bee queen is top 4 on my favorite boss fights. 

- slingshot? Cool! He can throw rocks but does it work in the current state of combat??? No...added dps is nifty, but not useful. Especially when the higher tier pebbles are so underwelming and feel more like a trial of existing melee weapons

- His tent? Okay this ones alright, but can he at least spawn with some camper supplies. On top of that I still find myself making the OG tent despite my friend playing Walter because its better.

- Sanity from trees. A measly +6/min, thats extreamly low and given that my character can make a sisturn and I put glommer by it, I can achieve 4x that alongside my potato puree food combination farms.

- Now the big one, doesnt lose sanity from anything but health and bad food(sorta). This is a bad perk. It could have stopped at losing sanity from health and everythig else, and not gaining any from fashion, but they made him not lose sanity from anything environmental? He doesnt lose sanity from darkness, dark magic, complete wetness, falling overboard, like that is too far. 

- Woby, lets go...a way worse beefalo, talk to some Walters and they'll probably tell you they still use a tamed beefalo. I could be wrong but wait now Im interested myself.

- Finally, his stories. Give him more, even my Walter main friend is sick of the same two xD

Also he fits nowhere in the games lore, I mean so does Warly who I also am iffy with for the same reason. You have to at least admit he needs a redo, Id be happy to continue if need be but Walter is just...not good and overshadowed by many means alongside multiply useless quirks. I main Wendy by the way, about to hit 4 years with her, if you wish to use that against me. Not trying to antigonize I just love debating (:

10 minutes ago, Lumine04 said:

but they made him not lose sanity from anything environmental? He doesnt lose sanity from darkness, dark magic, complete wetness, falling overboard, like that is too far. 

Walter is still affected by sanity sources coming from darkness, magic, wetness, and 'drowning' (Though he only loses 12 sanity from falling overboard instead of the usual 25 sanity)

Have you ever actually played him?

Just now, Hornete said:

Walter is still affected by sanity sources coming from darkness, magic, and 'drowning' (Though he only loses 12 sanity from falling overboard instead of the usual 25 sanity)

Actually yes. I played him a lot before my friend bought DST, she wanted me to try every character to the best of my abilities.  but he didnt lose any sanity from being completely wet and in complete darkness.

Also my mistake on the evil weapons, I know he still loses sanity its just reduced. Which is super strange cause it just doesnt make sense.

My bad, I sometimes forget to but the "I dont play this character much" before I rant about them

3 hours ago, Lumine04 said:

Actually yes. I played him a lot before my friend bought DST, she wanted me to try every character to the best of my abilities.  but he didnt lose any sanity from being completely wet and in complete darkness.

Also my mistake on the evil weapons, I know he still loses sanity its just reduced. Which is super strange cause it just doesnt make sense.

My bad, I sometimes forget to but the "I dont play this character much" before I rant about them

3 hours ago, Hornete said:

Walter is still affected by sanity sources coming from darkness, magic, wetness, and 'drowning' (Though he only loses 12 sanity from falling overboard instead of the usual 25 sanity)

He used to not lose sanity from magic but they changed it around his launch either due to people saying it didn't make sense or being unintended.

He doesn't lose sanity from being wet but he does lose sanity from holding wet items.   (side note this is actually what kickstarted Wurt and Wormwood's additional wetness perks after people talked about how it didn't make sense that he partly resisted wetness but Wurt and Wormwood didn't  sanity wise.)

4 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

He used to not lose sanity from magic but they changed it around his launch either due to people saying it didn't make sense or being unintended.

Thanks, I knew I wasnt crazy...

12 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

He doesn't lose sanity from being wet

648999350_GIF5-14-20226-08-56PM.gif.033f9e352236934a6fe06333386cae6f.gif

3 hours ago, Lumine04 said:

What are your thoughts on Walter?

He's mostly fine, he just falls very short on the utility ammo's of the slingshot. Poop pellets are only useful against single targets since it still activates herd aggro, which a lot of instances in the game where you'd actually wanna use poop ammo is it's a herd of mobs. I would love to pelt that annoying spider that so happened to aggro on me but it's not even useful there else I aggro every other spider.

Slow-down rounds should also slow an enemys attack cooldown, one of my favourite weapons from SW is the poison spear, and poison slows mobs for 25% movement speed, slows their attack cooldown by 25% and makes them deal 25% less damage. It's an awesome tool to use and it's such a shame that Walter's slowdown ammo only... slows down movement speed which is just kind of lame. I would appreciate some more special ammo's too.

30 minutes ago, Hornete said:

648999350_GIF5-14-20226-08-56PM.gif.033f9e352236934a6fe06333386cae6f.gif

He's mostly fine, he just falls very short on the utility ammo's of the slingshot. Poop pellets are only useful against single targets since it still activates herd aggro, which a lot of instances in the game where you'd actually wanna use poop ammo is it's a herd of mobs. I would love to pelt that annoying spider that so happened to aggro on me but it's not even useful there else I aggro every other spider.

Slow-down rounds should also slow an enemys attack cooldown, one of my favourite weapons from SW is the poison spear, and poison slows mobs for 25% movement speed, slows their attack cooldown by 25% and makes them deal 25% less damage. It's an awesome tool to use and it's such a shame that Walter's slowdown ammo only... slows down movement speed which is just kind of lame. I would appreciate some more special ammo's too.

They must have changed the wetness thing too because it was a point brought up in the Wormwood wurt thing.

That aside what use is poop pellets anyway I never found a use for them what situation do you need to escape 1 specific non boss, non herd, mob that doesn't immediately regain aggro.

I do agree more ammo would be nice.

1 hour ago, Lumine04 said:

Thank you for clearing this up. However, I noticed something; the arrow down is much smaller than it would be for the other characters at 100 wetness is it not?

image.png.ab175dafcddb9acf9ed09a8d1a0a09e6.png(Wilson)

How’d a topic about the games combat become all about Walter? I’d like to see a more in-depth combat system with dodging, counter attacks etc- but then again.. I’ve 100% completed the Arkham games sooo I’m pretty good at the jumping/dodging/blocking.

DSTs combat feels simplified & while that’s not necessarily a “bad” thing.. it does leave very little room for enemies with more unique attacks beyond hit a few times, move away from one or two slow attacks- rinse repeat.

Compared to the new Boating, Fishing & Gardening Mechanics.. I’d like to see what Klei would change about the Combat.

31 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

How’d a topic about the games combat become all about Walter? I’d like to see a more in-depth combat system with dodging, counter attacks etc- but then again.. I’ve 100% completed the Arkham games sooo I’m pretty good at the jumping/dodging/blocking.

DSTs combat feels simplified & while that’s not necessarily a “bad” thing.. it does leave very little room for enemies with more unique attacks beyond hit a few times, move away from one or two slow attacks- rinse repeat.

Compared to the new Boating, Fishing & Gardening Mechanics.. I’d like to see what Klei would change about the Combat.

It's that time of the week/month when topics spill out into other topics.

:spidercowers:

Archived