Suggestion about Eye Mask (Shield) Durability

I don't think it's an issue of durability but rather one of respawn time for the simple eye. It takes too long to respawn for you to get another helm, especially in multiplayer.

For the weapon respawn time and durability is fine, you're supposed to be using some other armor with it.

I personally would like to see a shield durability buff. The mask is fine, but I do wish the shield was a bit more durable for combat since you can quickly drain its durability even with precautions, and fighting the twins solo for a new one is a painespecially when it has bugs that prevent you from getting the shield but activating the cooldown for the terrarium anyway.

ive used the shield in multiplayer and i think making it stop break would help for a variety of issues.

Other people have mentioned how there can be "waiting lists" for people who want their own shield/eye mask, so the punishment for breaking yours is just forcing you to sit there and wait, not my favourite form of challenge honestly. Another thing is that sometimes players arnt equipped to fight the twins, so there can be situations where you wait who knows how long just to start the fight (yeah you can start regardless but then youre doing it at the detriment of other players, which isnt good)

A lot of other people seem to want to keep the punishment in having the shield break, however like i mentioned before, that punishment tends to consistent of just waiting out the respawn timer. If thats the kind of difficulty people want then maybe keep things as they are, but i would personally prefer if klei either made punishments more of a challenge than a tedium.

14 minutes ago, NoodlemanNed said:

ive used the shield in multiplayer and i think making it stop break would help for a variety of issues.

Other people have mentioned how there can be "waiting lists" for people who want their own shield/eye mask, so the punishment for breaking yours is just forcing you to sit there and wait, not my favourite form of challenge honestly. Another thing is that sometimes players arnt equipped to fight the twins, so there can be situations where you wait who knows how long just to start the fight (yeah you can start regardless but then youre doing it at the detriment of other players, which isnt good)

A lot of other people seem to want to keep the punishment in having the shield break, however like i mentioned before, that punishment tends to consistent of just waiting out the respawn timer. If thats the kind of difficulty people want then maybe keep things as they are, but i would personally prefer if klei either made punishments more of a challenge than a tedium.

you're right, i think a fine solution is that if the shield reaches 0, the player dies but shield gains 50% or something

OR

if the shield reaches 0, it can't be used for 5? days

5 hours ago, reallychina said:

I don't think it's an issue of durability but rather one of respawn time for the simple eye. It takes too long to respawn for you to get another helm, especially in multiplayer.

For the weapon respawn time and durability is fine, you're supposed to be using some other armor with it.

Respawn time is only 15 days. That isn't even long. In fact it is actually the shortest boss respawn timer. The other bosses are every 20 days, or once a year.

10 minutes ago, reallychina said:

The single eye is hardly a boss. 

After a few fights you really learn the circle dodge pattern and seldom get hit. With a hambat I think any character can solo kill it in one night. Honestly I try killing it on the first day with an Axe if I have the chance, though that does usually take 2 nights. But a free infinite durability helmet at the cost of monster meat and rot, I won't complain.

The shield should be at least in the 500 durability range. Not 315. I agree with that. I don't think it's asking too much. Even with how unique of a tool it is.

Archived