Future Character QoL Side-Quests I would love to see

On 4/28/2022 at 3:11 PM, OLMORPH said:

I have an idea for Walter.

Since he is intended as a scout, he should be given "badges" to complete that give him small status upgrades and buffs. This could also be a great way for new players to learn how to survive.

Examples of badges could be:

Berry badge- collect 40 berries and get a badge that gives Walter a small chance to get two berries instead of 1 when he collects berries.
Grass badge- collect 40 grass and get a badge that gives Walter a small chance to get two grass instead of 1 when he collects grass.
Twigs badge- collect 40 twigs and get a badge that gives Walter a small chance to get two twigs instead of 1 when he collects twigs.
Stone badge- collect 40 stones and get a badge that gives Walter a small chance to get two stones instead of 1 when he collects stones.
Planting badge- plant 10 twigs, 10 bushes, 10 grass and 10 pine cones to get a badge that gives Walter some sanity when planting.
Farming badge- plant, grow and harvest a seed to get the farming badge that reduces stress on plants.
Hunter badge- Track an animal by following a suspicious dirt pile to get Hunters badge that more clearly indicates tracks to follow with an arow.
Attackers badge- defeat 10 different creatures to get attackers badge that increases attack damage by 10%. (20% attack damage when using slingshot)
Defenders badge- have protective gear on both body and head gives you the defenders badge that reduces damage by 10%. (20% damage reduction when having armor on both body and head)
Fishing badge- catch 5 fish with fishing rod to get the fishing badge that gives Walter to be able to catch more fish from ponds.
Campers badge- have a tent and a campfire nearby eachother to get the campfire badge that makes campfires last longer.
Winter badge- survive the winter to get winter badge that gives Walter some cold resistance.
Spring badge- survive spring to get the spring badge that gives Walter some wet resistance.
Summer badge- survive summer to get summer badge that gives Walter some heat resistance.
Captains badge- create a boat to get captains badge that gives Walter some wet resistance.

Badges would show up as a small icon on the edge of the screen.

suddenly paper mario 

Hello! Main Walter here, I have to say that I love Walter because of his downside, Wobby and the campfire stories.

On 4/26/2022 at 3:09 PM, loopuleasa said:

- Remove the pinetree pioneer hat perk, and make that effect be permanent on Walter. He loses a ton of sanity anyway.

I don't think they will delete the hat, just look all the Walter portraits and the skins.

- Add more campfire stories every couple or so updates. Those are fun. (we loved the lore loading screen tips, we need more lore and story)

Adding more campfire stories? Definitely yes!!! Maybe about the moon.

- Woby shouldn't knock you off when hit only once, it should be like 2-3 hits or something, or a "take 200 damage" threshold or something.

I said this many times,  Walter should shoot his slingshot faster while riding Wobby, riding Wobby in battle is risky so with this you have a reason to do it!

In my opinion they should buff the slingshot, and maybe now that we have more place for crafting adding some scouts tools.

On 5/2/2022 at 2:22 AM, Memetan said:

I don't think they will delete the hat, just look all the Walter portraits and the skins.

Yeah, not talking about deleting the hat

Keeping it, but making the effect default

On 4/26/2022 at 6:09 AM, loopuleasa said:

Winona:

Problem: She is a switch character and there is no incentive to actually stay as Winona, and her perks aren't that great (apart from catapults of course)

Suggestions:

- Increase light radius of spotlight (like @Electroely's mini-winona mod rework)

- Make spotlights AI target different people instead of all concentrating on one (IF dude has spotlight on him, try to find another dude)

- Allow winona to "pack-up" her catapults, generators and items similar to warly cookware ( @ShadowDuelist idea)

- Winona gains a little sanity while building? (for uninterrupted mega-basing, to fit her builder role)

- Any new engineering type item would be nice (maybe something that uses 3-5 frazzled wires to build and is only usable by winona?)

(How about an infinite durability automatic hammer, idea from @Bones Junior. Maybe called a "Jack-Hammer" that Winona calls "Jack"?)

- Winona working/mining/chopping faster while hunger full (at the cost of hunger)

- Winona picking stuff faster while hunger full (at the cost of hunger)

- Turn generator on/off and take gems out of it

- Charged lightning rods should be able to transfer engery towards generators ( @HansimUnglueck idea)

REMINDER: not all of these perks should be enabled at once, that would be probably too much. Just 1-3 QoL suggestions from this list.

Spotlights already target different players, and I don't think the focus for spotlights should be on their use as a lighthouse but should be given a different form of utility alltogether to incentivize use after getting something like a lantern which will (for the most part) just be a better lightsource

I think packing up structures isn't really necessary for her, but it would help conserve on resources when you set up temporary structures for things you'd use them for once

Infinite durability hammer doesn’t sit right with me, but just increasing durability on a hammer like tool that Winona could make would be nice

I think turning generators on and off isn't necessary since due to the nature of Winona farms, she doesn't really suffer from using gems imo, though reducing the drain that the structures have on the generators when they aren't actually active would make more sense imo

Overall; I'm really glad nobody suggested the boneheaded idea of "only winona can use her structures" but I also am a little disappointed that nobody suggested the character whose concept is "this is a character revolving around her structures" to have increased utility with her structures, or introduced more structures to her kit

Also; klei please give her a statue mover

On 4/26/2022 at 4:09 PM, loopuleasa said:

Hi all,

Me and many others were surprised to see the Wurt QoL changes bundled together with the WX rework.

It was much loved, and seeing this is now a possibility, I wish to brainstorm some other suggestion packages for other characters in case Klei is thinking to "side-quest" them in future beta branches. ;)

So Youre Saying Theres A Chance GIFs | Tenor

(of course not all things should go together, only suggesting ideas for future betas, feel free to post yours in this thread too)

Winona:

Problem: She is a switch character and there is no incentive to actually stay as Winona, and her perks aren't that great (apart from catapults of course)

Suggestions:

- Increase light radius of spotlight (like @Electroely's mini-winona mod rework)

- Make spotlights AI target different people instead of all concentrating on one (IF dude has spotlight on him, try to find another dude)

- Allow winona to "pack-up" her catapults, generators and items similar to warly cookware ( @ShadowDuelist idea)

- Winona gains a little sanity while building? (for uninterrupted mega-basing, to fit her builder role)

- Any new engineering type item would be nice (maybe something that uses 3-5 frazzled wires to build and is only usable by winona?)

(How about an infinite durability automatic hammer, idea from @Bones Junior. Maybe called a "Jack-Hammer" that Winona calls "Jack"?)

- Winona working/mining/chopping faster while hunger full (at the cost of hunger)

- Winona picking stuff faster while hunger full (at the cost of hunger)

- Turn generator on/off and take gems out of it

- Charged lightning rods should be able to transfer engery towards generators ( @HansimUnglueck idea)

REMINDER: not all of these perks should be enabled at once, that would be probably too much. Just 1-3 QoL suggestions from this list.

Warly:

Problem: Warly is a late-game support "switch" character, similar to Winona, and we need more reasons for players to remain as Warly

Suggestions:

- Add a perk to Warly to allow him to harvest more food products from animals he murders (I remember hearing this idea somewhere on this forum). He is an accomplished butcher after all. Imagine any animals and fishes he murders become more valuable. This would also incentivize players actually trapping and luring animals to bring them to warly, and it gives a use to the tin fishing bin to keep the fish fresh until it is brought to the chef. Can use the Gorge butcher knife for instance for that.

- Add standalone DS Warly bonus to stats from crockpot foods, while increasing the penalties for repeat foods. (Maybe making food memory not depend just on time, but also on order of the last dishes ate, so we don't just spam double meaty stews). Normal stat bonus in Shipwreck was +33%, but that may be a bit high. Maybe even increase the penalty drop on repeat foods. Right now first repeat is so small (10% penalty) that basically all Warly players are double-eating crock pot dishes, which shouldn't be the case.

Webber:

Problem: When webber disconnects, all hell breaks lose.

Suggestions:

- Make webber spiders despawn with Webber when he logs off (like beefalos on beefalo bell)

- Spiders are also waay too loud when befriended by Webber. I have to shoo away all my Webbers in pubs, and when I random Webber just to be nice I have to play a hermit playstyle and live away from base.

- Add an option to Webber to make his followers "Wait here" (maybe tied to one of his items). Right now I have to have 5 chests in an area where I can pickup spiders and store them in chests if I want some privacy. It takes too much time and too many resources. I just want to press a button on an item and all spiders will idle in an area (maybe even use sleep animation). When I want I go back there to call them back.

Walter:

Problem: Walter's perks are all over the place and he feels generally frail compared to other characters, while lacking an identity in the lore and flavor aspect.

Suggestions:

- (for new players) Make him spawn with his camping tent. What kind of boy scout comes in the forest unprepared? (he was exploring in the forest during his animated short)

- Remove the pinetree pioneer hat perk, and make that effect be permanent on Walter. He loses a ton of sanity anyway.

- Add more campfire stories every couple or so updates. Those are fun. (we loved the lore loading screen tips, we need more lore and story)

- Woby shouldn't knock you off when hit only once, it should be like 2-3 hits or something, or a "take 200 damage" threshold or something. Right now I basically rush normal Beefalos when I random Walter in my pubs because of this downside (and also because of the slow speed of Woby).

Wolfgang:

Problem: Mighty man have stand still. Me no like stand still.

Suggestion:

- Make dumbbell be lift while on run (for small gain for might man). Is workout on go, what you not get.

Maxwell and Wickerbottom:

These two will probably get full reworks, so I will wait on Klei to see what they come up with. I trust them to do a good job after recent rework quality.

(please add options for Maxunwell to better control his shadow slaves employees)

EDIT: And just to keep it complete, I will add the WX changes I would still like to see in this thread

WX-78:

- Right click to deploy Jimmy from inventory

- Maxwell removes sanity dapperness when around Chorusbox circuit

- Chorusbox circuit should have a range larger than 0.5 tiles

- Winona GEMerator should be slightly nerfed, right now you can gain 6 charges per gem

Did I miss anything? Post it below and I will add it to the OP list with credit for readability.

These are all great ideas 

Archived