Give Wurt immunity to temperature decrease due to wetness

Saw this in another thread and wanted to make this post quickly in hopes someone at klei can see it, since this update is basically the Wurt refresh update as well.. The whole point of wurt is that she can ignore the rain, yet the temperature drop caused by high wetness means that you still need an eyebrella, a thermal stone, or thermal fish to get through spring.

Please, pretty please.

Not always, usually she freeze when is late autumn or early spring, or world temperature is close to 0. I believe frogs rather hibernate or are slowed down when is cold, but when is minus they freeze faster than warmblooded creatures. 

31 minutes ago, Cassielu said:

but what about summer?

Rain is very uncommon in summer already, and even when it does happen it doesnt last long enough for you to use the wetness to survive a good amount of time, and really, just use a thermal stone, endo fire, or the winter ocean fish.

Wurts spring perks are fine as is IMO. Wurt isn't a character designed around being wet, its just a thematic bonus thing. 

If this change was implemented the only challenging things about spring would be beefalos, bees and the Moose Goose, especially since frogs are now neutral to Wurt.

17 minutes ago, pyroisshy said:

Wurts spring perks are fine as is IMO. Wurt isn't a character designed around being wet, its just a thematic bonus thing. 

If this change was implemented the only challenging things about spring would be beefalos, bees and the Moose Goose, especially since frogs are now neutral to Wurt.

Yes, but one of Wurt's main things is not minding wetness, yet for the majority of spring you have to deal with rain since you'll freeze to death during the first half of the season, which defeats the point of her having wetness related perks.

And what exactly is the problem with Spring not being challenging? It's meant to be an easier season like autumn, not a harsh season like winter or summer, and really, whats the harm in letting 1 character not have to worry about freezing because of wetness? Since Merms are always wet anyways, why aren't they freezing to death? Why specifically is Wurt unable to handle large amounts of water? If anything it'd make more sense thematically if she didn't freeze from wetness since the rest of her species doesn't.

7 minutes ago, DeadWhereX said:

Not inmunity, but maybe resistence. So she can forget about being wet earlier. She also should take more damage from overheating, since she is "drying up".

I agree with this for sure. If she were to get the wetness speed perk I suggested in the other thread, she could deal with summer by wearing an ice cube hat to help offset this downside.

2 minutes ago, Baark0 said:

Yes, but one of Wurt's main things is not minding wetness, yet for the majority of spring you have to deal with rain since you'll freeze to death during the first half of the season, which defeats the point of her having wetness related perks.

Wurts wetness related perks aren't really important to her character design. The "no sanity loss from wetness" perk was added a year after Wurt came out. Her main things are her diet and her merm minions.

14 minutes ago, Baark0 said:

And what exactly is the problem with Spring not being challenging? It's meant to be an easier season like autumn, not a harsh season like winter or summer, and really, whats the harm in letting 1 character not have to worry about freezing because of wetness?

The problem with spring not being challenging is that it's less fun. I like getting to make the choices in how I will tackle the season as Wurt. I can choose to wear rain gear to limit wetness , or I can just choose to use my gear from winter to heat myself up if my wetness causes me to freeze, or a mixture of both. Spring is still pretty easy for Wurt, and keeping some level of threat from wetness makes it so that the season isn't just autumn with angrier beefalo and some geese. 

24 minutes ago, Baark0 said:

Since Merms are always wet anyways, why aren't they freezing to death? Why specifically is Wurt unable to handle large amounts of water? If anything it'd make more sense thematically if she didn't freeze from wetness since the rest of her species doesn't.

All mobs are immune to temperature. Merms and Pigmen aren't immune to it because of the lore, they are immune to it for the gameplay. 

8 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

through the very first days of spring

3 or 4 days != half season

in my experience its always felt like at least 10 days before you stop freezing due to rain, but hey ive never specifically tried to find when you stop freezing.

5 minutes ago, Baark0 said:

in my experience its always felt like at least 10 days before you stop freezing due to rain, but hey ive never specifically tried to find when you stop freezing.

i did back in the day because i was tired of having to bring my thermal fish arround spring, i don't have the exact numbers but is 3 to 5 days of spring

Archived