How do you maintain blooming?

you can trigger and extend the effect with groth formula fertilizers (you can reserch different fertilizers with the gardener hat to know which ones gives growth formula) or wait until the blooming ends and trigger it again (which is cheaper)

best options are completly rotten growth formula (pearl bottle+ash+kelp), compost wrap (good for early game plus it heals so you can extend the effect while healing wounds), rotten fish (gives a good amount of nutrient and are very easy to get) and glommer goop (if you dont plan of using it for anything else is okey)

Please someone actually explain it to me, not just put link to basic stuff. I know rotten fish, formula, goop and compost wrap are needed but I want to understand it on deeper level to have absolute control over it.

Fertilize once with anything that provides formula. Wait until you reach stage 3 bloom (you can fertilize before so you reach it quicker but I dont find it worth). Once you reach stage 3, there's a hidden stat with a maximum of I think 2800 and you always start stage 3 with 1440. From 1440 you can fertilize 4 times with a super growth formula or equivalent to reach maximum and after every day that passes you can fertilize twice again with a super growth formula or equivalent to gain back what you lost. I don't know the exact stats for everything so this is as detailed as I can get.

1 minute ago, SomebodyRandom said:

Fertilize once with anything that provides formula. Wait until you reach stage 3 bloom (you can fertilize before so you reach it quicker but I dont find it worth). Once you reach stage 3, there's a hidden stat with a maximum of I think 2800 and you always start stage 3 with 1440. From 1440 you can fertilize 4 times with a super growth formula or equivalent to reach maximum and after every day that passes you can fertilize twice again with a super growth formula or equivalent to gain back what you lost. I don't know the exact stats for everything so this is as detailed as I can get.

That's probably enough, thanks.

Some basic stats straight from the game scripts:

- Reaching bloom stage 3 Wormwood starts off with 3 days of full bloom

- A use of Super Growth Formula when in full bloom provides an additional 0.5 days of full bloom

- Wormwood caps out at 5 days of full bloom

- Wormwood's full bloom does not drain in Spring and drains twice as fast in Winter

- Once fertilized without bloom Wormwood is on a path to full bloom taking less than a day (1.33 days in winter) (0.5 days in spring) to get to each next stage.

I find growth formula to be super cheap once set up without much need to ration. Nonetheless there is a cool new client mod as well called "Wormwood Bloom Predictor" by Crestwave.

5 hours ago, Friendly Grass said:

Nonetheless there is a cool new client mod as well called "Wormwood Bloom Predictor" by Crestwave.

This mod is awesome and helped me understand his mechanics!

Basically Wormwood has 4 stages:

- Normal stage (which he begins with)

- Bloom stage 1

- Bloom stage 2

- Bloom stage 3 (aka "full bloom")

After reaching bloom stage 3, he wil slowlyl go back to stage 2, stage 1 and back again to normal stage. When it is spring he will automatically go to bloom fase 3 for the entire season and will only drop to bloom stage 2 when summer begins.

You can "force" wormwood to bloom: you need to use a growth formula fertilizer, like compost wrap, super growth formula and rotten fish. The more fertilizer you use, the faster he will  bloom. Once wormwood is on Bloom stage 3, any growth formula fertilizer applied on him will extend its duration. 

During winter your bloom stage 3 will end up twice as fast.

Just search  and download the mod mentioned above, it will help you understand his perk

On 4/23/2022 at 1:18 AM, Faintly Macabre said:

I wonder if I'm doing something wrong with this mod. Once I get to full bloom, it becomes dramatically less useful because the meter doesn't seem to be affected by applying super growth formula.

The  meter will freeze during spring nad there is a cap of 2400 blooming points.

You can boost the blooming points with super growth formula, but it wont get any effect after  the value is at its max:2400

1 hour ago, twitchgabo said:

The  meter will freeze during spring nad there is a cap of 2400 blooming points.

You can boost the blooming points with super growth formula, but it wont get any effect after  the value is at its max:2400

What I'm saying is that nothing I do effects the meter at full bloom at all. If I apply formula, the meter doesn't change despite being below the maximum. Not talking about in Spring, either.

Archived