Wurt food adjustment suggestions.

A bit of a repeat of past posts of mine but I wanna reiterate them since now seems like the best time.

1. Eggs removed from meat category.

I've mentioned it a few times, but eggs are a bit of an odd one out in terms of food group, as they don't count as meat in crockpot meals, but are counted as meat by pigs, wigfrid, hounds, etc. As far as I see it eggs are more akin to milk, and should be made type-neutral. This would remove the weirdness where wigfrid will eat eggs but not puffed potato souffle, while wurt will eat potato souffle, but not eggs. This would also allow wurt to drink eggnog, and mean hounds would no longer be chugging glasses of eggnog from the floor, as funny as it looks.

2. No more stat penalties from any fruits/veggies for merms.

Right now, wurt is immune to stat drops from raw kelp and durian. But her quotes and nature as a swamp monster would suggest she should also tolerate things like raw onion or potato. The only veggies where a stat drop would make any sort of sense are chili related dishes and mushrooms. This would also be useful when in the ruins, as you could chug lichen without any concerns, which only seems fitting for a herbivore.

3. Apply favorite food bonus before herbivore bonus.

Right now the equation is: Favorite food bonus + Base food value * Herbivore multiplier

which gives 48.25 hunger for durian. If the equation were changed to (Favorite food bonus + Base food value) * Herbivore multiplier, she would instead gain 53.2 hunger from durian. While it's not really a huge difference, it would at least make durian give more hunger than pumpkin when eaten by wurt.

4. Buff weaker veggie/fruit dishes.

Notable candidates include stuffed eggplant, ratatouille, pumpkin cookies, and fruit medley. Some of these recipes are just flat out wasteful, while others have only a hyper specific use-case despite a status as a farm crop. While not specifically wurt related, the strength of veggie and fruit dishes has a notable effect on her gameplay.  

I dont really get the point of 1. Is it just a principle thing or do you want wurt to eat eggs? Would PK no longer accept eggs with this change? If yes then i dont really like it. 

but definitely yes on everything else. It would be the icing on the cake of these amazing and sorely needed, long anticipated Wurt changes. 

45 minutes ago, Masked Koopa said:

ratatouille

I think ratatouille is a soft failure recipe like meatballs and fistful of jam. Super easy to make and intentionally bad in most cases, just there to make it so that there's not a million combinations that result in wet goop.

The other dishes have more specific recipes while still being about as bad, though. Those should definitely be buffed.

1 minute ago, Cheggf said:

I think ratatouille is a soft failure recipe like meatballs and fistful of jam. Super easy to make and intentionally bad in most cases, just there to make it so that there's not a million combinations that result in wet goop.

The other dishes have more specific recipes while still being about as bad, though. Those should definitely be buffed.

Thing is of the three ratatouille is the only one so awful it's basically a troll recipe. Meatballs and fist full of jam are at least pretty efficient if lower quality filler are used (plus fist full of jam can be a nice way to preserve berries), while even 1 carrot + 3 ice only gives a gain of 5 hunger. I think making it 37.5 like jam seems pretty fair.

20 minutes ago, Ohan said:

I dont really get the point of 1. Is it just a principle thing or do you want wurt to eat eggs? Would PK no longer accept eggs with this change? If yes then i dont really like it. 

I think wurt (and other merms) should be able to eat eggs, yes. It makes it more consistent and gives her a way to use meat that doesn't involve the extra step of trying to hide them in a veggie/fruit crockpot dish. And it's not like they'd replace other food options in terms of optimal play, given that they wouldn't have the veggie/fruit bonus, and eggs aren't eggsactly the most efficient thing to eat as-is anyway. PK accepting things doesn't really mean much in terms of meat-hood given he also refuses to accept meatballs. He could easily continue to accept eggs with this change.

9 minutes ago, Masked Koopa said:

Thing is of the three ratatouille is the only one so awful it's basically a troll recipe. Meatballs and fist full of jam are at least pretty efficient if lower quality filler are used (plus fist full of jam can be a nice way to preserve berries), while even 1 carrot + 3 ice only gives a gain of 5 hunger. I think making it 37.5 like jam seems pretty fair.

I could get behind that. Stays a pretty poor recipe but would be a bit more useful in a few niche situations.

48 minutes ago, DeadWhereX said:

I think this is the reason why Wurt doesn't eat eggs:

504737938_WurtquotesDontStarveWikiFandomy5pginasms-JoaqunGuzmanMicrosoftEdge.jpg.89acf3c85192dec39b0fc2c0b7c6de47.jpg

That's always felt more like an attempt at a justification by the quote writers than a real reason, otherwise I don't think she'd refuse cooked eggs or be so willing to eat potato souffle. I think it would be fine if hatching tallbird eggs were kept as meat though.

It would be cool to remove mushroom penalties for Wurt tbh. It would make red mushrooms less useless and the other two more useful (though you would still need to cook green caps for the sanity increase I guess).

On 4/20/2022 at 4:08 AM, Masked Koopa said:

But her quotes and nature as a swamp monster would suggest she should also tolerate things like raw onion or potato.

Merms are like onions.

Klei should change some crockpop recipes 

Stuffed Pepper Poppers - Wigfrid: "Back, vile vegtables!" Wurt: "Where's the 'pop', flort? It just spicy!"

Guacamole - Wigfrid: "Yum, creamy!" Wurt: "Yummy green sludge"

Wigfrid can eat both, but Wurt can't eat either

Archived