Why is Geyesr Output Always the Same, Why?

Geyser, volcano, and vent temperature is always the same, though the volume differs.  A cool slush geyser always gives the same amount of cooling when pumping out it's polluted water.

Might it be more interesting if the temperature for outputs of the geysers, vents, and volcanoes varied somewhat?  That could motivate heating or cooling more often or more dependent on one's map, instead of always having a similar pattern.

Might be interesting if it was a temperature range. I think the main reason was to keep the output in the proper phase so that the cool steam geyser doesn`t just produce water but on the other side doesn`t become a hot steam geyser.

Good point. Agreed.

I also would like to see more variations when it comes to both average output and temperature.

And above all, I would like to see a rework of many geysers, like the carbon dioxide vent, the infectious polluted oxygen vent, or the leaky oil fissure. Outputs are too low, there's no point of taming those during mid/late game. There's always a lot of better solutions for any of these purposes.

It just gets you a bit busy in very late game, when you don't have that much to do anymore, for some additional fun. But what is the point of having something that useless into the game ? :?

8 hours ago, OxCD said:

Good point. Agreed.

I also would like to see more variations when it comes to both average output and temperature.

And above all, I would like to see a rework of many geysers, like the carbon dioxide vent, the infectious polluted oxygen vent, or the leaky oil fissure. Outputs are too low, there's no point of taming those during mid/late game. There's always a lot of better solutions for any of these purposes.

It just gets you a bit busy in very late game, when you don't have that much to do anymore, for some additional fun. But what is the point of having something that useless into the game ? :?

How about the option to have a combination researcher/digger drill into the geysers (requires hazmat digging and the level that gives analysing geysers/radbolt research) in order to increase output. It would require diamonds, and construction of a radbolt using/powered device? Maybe even continued input of radbolts to retain enhanced productivity otherwise it instantly enters dormancy? Maybe even enabling continued diamond injection to further enhance output at increasing radbolt cost?

14 hours ago, OxCD said:

Good point. Agreed.

Leaky oil fissure is useful on a cold map like Rime or the 100k mod.  Infectious polluted oxygen is also useful on a cold map or, I suppose, if you have diseases turned off.  It can also get used to feed pufts.

18 hours ago, Spoonwood said:

Leaky oil fissure is useful on a cold map like Rime or the 100k mod.  Infectious polluted oxygen is also useful on a cold map or, I suppose, if you have diseases turned off.  It can also get used to feed pufts.

I don't agree, but at least some people feel they find an interest into those. Even if in my pov the idea is biased.

Following your words, the thing you're interested into is the heat from the fissure. There's tons of better way to get heat. At max output, a fissure brings 100kDTU/s (from 327°C to 80°C, let's say). But at min, it's 400DTU/s...

There's lot of situations between those two where you'll find it mostly useless, especially again because there's many other way to get decent amount of heat from a controlled interface.

And for the oil as consumable... At its max output, it's a eighth of a petroleum gen. Which... is almost inconsistent.

Infectious polluted oxygen vent is a joke atm. At its max output, you'll feed less than two pufts. So for a decent ranch, you'll need additional input(s) anyway. And for the heat... At its best, it'll give around 5kDTU/s. Which is almost nothing.

Do not forget that I'm not bringing an opinion to the geyser/fissure/vent itself, but to the output.

4 hours ago, OxCD said:

Following your words, the thing you're interested into is the heat from the fissure.

It's also the crude oil.  The crude oil is frozen mostly or entirely on those worlds.

Infectious polluted oxygen is good for the free polluted oxygen, if it's germs aren't an issue.

7 hours ago, Spoonwood said:

It's also the crude oil.  The crude oil is frozen mostly or entirely on those worlds.

A leaky oil fissure at max output (which is almost never the case), needs -155kDTU/s to freeze the oil.

An oil well, always at max output, needs -732kDTU/s to freeze the oil.

That's at least more than 4 times a better reason to have an oil reservoir rather than a fissure, if you're afraid of the oil freezing.

Again, the idea behind this object is good. Just the average output, is too low to be consistent over many other things.

Same talk on carbon dioxide vent, infectious polluted oxygen vent, carbon dioxide geyser & hot polluted oxygen vent.

1 hour ago, OxCD said:

A leaky oil fissure at max output (which is almost never the case), needs -155kDTU/s to freeze the oil.

An oil well, always at max output, needs -732kDTU/s to freeze the oil.

That's at least more than 4 times a better reason to have an oil reservoir rather than a fissure, if you're afraid of the oil freezing.

Again, the idea behind this object is good. Just the average output, is too low to be consistent over many other things.

Same talk on carbon dioxide vent, infectious polluted oxygen vent, carbon dioxide geyser & hot polluted oxygen vent.

Personally I want a liquid lock to run an oil resovoir, because without one, natural gas will leak everywhere.  Now, as I learned once when playing a 100k map, an oil resovoir will output enough crude oil to make a liquid lock for it, before it needs vented.  But, that requires mopping and a lot of care.  Also, the oil well needs a water source, which also takes time to setup.  And power for both a water pump and the oil resovoir.  A leaky oil fissure is simpler, and easier.  A pitcher pump can suffice, and mopping isn't needed to make a liquid lock.

Oil fissure is self powered and self-cooled, and it can be routed into an infinite storage without using power. In the end you get an infinite amount of oil at gold amalgam temps with, albeit symbolic, constant power surplus for no operational cost. What's not to like?

Hot PO2 is almost self-powered and is self-cooled. Make all the clay you want. Infectious PO2 as well, even easier.

2 hours ago, Bluefoxfire said:

Oil fissures also are constantly "on"

They also have occasional dormancy periods; blink and you'll miss it because the dormancy itself is brief and worthy of laughing at. Sometimes I think it's the only geyser that's out of whack.

Here's an old video that shows a dormancy period, wheezeworts could still be seen in flower pots so yeah, old:

Archived