Should AG guarantee a lazy explorer?

vote here  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Should AG guarantee a lazy explorer?

Since AG has been made harder, and we have no way to 100% get a cane before winter, I think he should drop one 100% of the time, very good way to get a cane if players want one quick, they have the option of going through the challenge of finding and killing AG or just waiting for winter. Maybe he can drop a "broken lazy explorer" where it's just a normal cane that doesn't teleport. I truly think this can be implemented but it won't be OP at all, Especially since he has a chance to drop one already, the balance would be "as bad" as a lucky player, only this time it happens 100% of the time.

56 minutes ago, Seero said:

Since AG has been made harder

Ag is much easier and safer than before. You dont need and speed boosts and there are so many pillars you are always 3 steps away from safety.

It already has incredible loot, guaranteed explorer would be too much considering the easiness of the fight

Yes, everyone can ride a beefalo as early as day 2-3 and get a much better speed boost than the cane.

It would also ease the group competition for MacTusk as well as the RNG for a fuelweaver rush if you're into that.

It wouldn't hurt anyone imo.

3 hours ago, Flarezen said:

Its fine as it is, even if you don't get a cane you most likely get a magi for speed too. but with some chance you likely get both anyways 

What makes chance so balanced if I get lucky?

let me elaborate on my reasoning, I don't think I was clear enough at the beginning and I don't want this thread to die so easily

I do not like RNG, I want to kill AG to get good loot (cane) and see it as an opportunity to take on a challenge. 

I also don't like how I have to wait until winter to get one, when you can get on based on chance through sea chests, boons or AG but most of the time you won't get one. I think klei should let us have a guaranteed way to get a cane before winter, but have it more difficult than killing mactusks since you'll be getting it earlier than normal, and I think the perfect way is to have it drop with AG. 

This also makes every ruins rush worth it, lets face it, the yellow amulet is great but you also need storage, depending on how you play a backpack or piggyback may be better. The armor is good but personally I could go without it and just use pig helms, the star staff is really awesome, but going to the ruins just for that is not worth it, We can also just use beefalo, but not everyone uses beefalo. 

To top it all off even though AG loot has improved, it can sometimes still be crap, I don't like fighting bosses with dice roll loot, if he could just drop a cane every time, it doesn't matter what else he drops, the cane alone makes it worth it early game.

This also incentives creating miner hats and moggles earlier since you want to use the cane in the caves to be faster. What was originally locked behind very high end skill, trying to nudge a miner hat or moggles in a day 3 ruins rush, will be practiced by more and more people, in general it's just underused and I think this change to AG's loot table will make it used more

On 3/26/2022 at 4:23 PM, extremyt said:

Yes, everyone can ride a beefalo as early as day 2-3 and get a much better speed boost than the cane.

This argument actually works in my favor because it kinda says "Some people wouldn't even need it"

If something is so bad some people wouldn't need it, how is it OP? and if it's not OP why shouldn't it be added?

But before you say it, it's also not completely useless, since some people just don't want to use beefalo, and who can blame them? They are cumbersome and unwieldly sometimes, not to mention very erratic in the beginning with the constant bucking

a walking cane is simple and sweet.

I say no, keep it RNG. 

For a solo gameplay it sounds great, but for a multiplayer server the start of a new world will become a race to see who gets the lazy first, which would be incredibly frustrating. Specially if you joined after day 6 or 7 which is the average time in which they will most likely have killed it.
It is problematic enough already when there are many players in a server and there is only one mactusk in the world.

What they should do instead, is increase massively the chances of getting a cane from sunken chests: this opens up the possibility for everyone willing to invest time on a boat to get a cane even if they were not during winter time, or were not lucky enough with mactusk/greedy players took them first.

On 3/28/2022 at 4:27 AM, Seero said:

To top it all off even though AG loot has improved, it can sometimes still be crap,

It's still 100 times better than a freaking fire staff, some gears and some blue gems.

The only thing I want to add in AG loot is green amulet and staff, kinda weird to exclude them out.

The loot of the AG is already a bonus, this boss is just a gateway to FW fight,similar to Crab King. It doesn't need in my opinion to be even more buffed than it already has been.

Archived