Bug or a problem on my end?

It's a long time bug.

The Dig Action Text claims that it's diggable with the Hazmat digging skill, which is backed up by the code because it enables Dupes with that skill to attempt a dig. But the neutronium description says "It cannot be excavated by any Duplicant mining tool" which is also true, so they will forever waste their work day at it. There is some underlying logic conflict. Correct behavior would mean dupes ignore it, and the Dig description wouldn't claim it's diggable with Hazmat

55 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Should be rectified in the future. :wilsondisappointed:

From the game design point of view...The problem is that if you would be able to mine the Neutronium on the sides and bottom of a map, then you ( and temperature exchanges ) would enter another colony. The game plays in one big map, but only a small portion of it is your active colony and only a small portion of the map is visible to you at once.

The advantage of having the entire game ( including rocket interiors ) running in one big map is...that the player can instantly switch to any map position ( colony ) instantly, without delay. Also it makes it much easier to avoid game crashes and to pin point fps consumers and fps spikes.

2 hours ago, Fradow said:

You can definitely do so if, unless you have the Stock Bug Fix mod installed and the option to prevent neutronium digging enabled.

Without mods :confused:

I don`t want to corner you my friend...but have you got screenshots on how to train or do that in the vanilla game survival mode :ghost: ? This would be new knowledge for me :razz: Not that I`m eager to do that, for me it would feel a bit like a hack in the game...but thats me.

Perhaps you mean that it is possible in sandbox mode ? :bee:

image.thumb.png.c270d7ae28ecc4974cd6a6ba81b5027f.png

image.thumb.png.7c369db79c09501ccd2845531e9dd973.png Enclosed survival mode red love hearts :ghost:

image.png.f199ea54a6459a5af73d2cbfce2da027.png @minespatch Had to think of this fluff with your new avatar logo :lol:

1 hour ago, babba said:

Without mods :confused:

I don`t want to corner you my friend...but have you got screenshots on how to train or do that in the vanilla game survival mode :ghost: ? This would be new knowledge for me :razz: Not that I`m eager to do that, for me it would feel a bit like a hack in the game...but thats me.

It was definitely possible before mergedown, but I've not tried since then. The original question was about Spaced Out, and I assumed Primalflower question was in the same context as well.

I'm pretty sure, since mergedown, it's no longer possible to mine Neutronium in vanilla, but I've not tried recently, so I'll take your word for it!

Basically, the answer comes down to "When Dupes are trying to mine Neutronium for an infinite duration, they are gaining Excavation skill points while doing so". If Dupes cannot try to mine Neutronium, of course they cannot gain skill points not doing it.

Archived