Official Wilson field notes! :D

I found them through deep web searching. These were written by Kevin himself, apparently. (Nice work man. You write good.)

I could only find three - the archive only went as far as September - but I am fairly certain that was all there by the time the site got revamped.

Wilson's Field Notes - New Tools

post-8371-13764592350178_thumb.jpg

I am a scientist, not a labourer! I’m used to probing the depths of the universe with the power of my mind, not digging holes and chopping down trees. But I’m also used to having walls and a roof, so I suppose one must make allowances for circumstance.

I should be able to put together some simple tools using the twigs and flint that litter the ground here. I may be reduced to living off the sweat of my brow, but at least I don’t have to do so with my bare hands.

Wilson's Field Notes - Beefalo

post-8371-13764592350697_thumb.jpg

I stumbled across a herd of these brutes today while I was hunting rabbits. When the one noticed me I was certain that I was a goner, but it soon lost interest and resumed eating.

The Beefalo spend almost all of their time eating. What little time they don’t spend eating they spend performing the other aspect of the digestive process. The stench of a Beefalo herd can not be described with polite language, although the dung is quite useful in small quantities.

I’m tired of eating rabbits. Tonight I shall try hunting a Beefalo instead. Their docile nature should make them an excellent food source…

Wilson's Field Notes - Meat Effigy

post-8371-13764592350882_thumb.png

I am in an environment much harsher than that to which I am accustomed. Everything here is trying to kill me, or eat me, or… worse. It’s almost as bad as graduate school!

If I am to survive this place, I fear I must resort to drastic measures. That’s okay, though, for I am a Scientist, and my Science is nothing if not drastic. I think that if I build a wooden effigy of myself, and fill it full of meat, I can create an insurance policy against violent death. It’s a technique that’s well-known amongst the scientific community.

Maybe I should throw in some of my beard hairs as well. It couldn’t hurt!

• Like 2

I look forward to the scientific process he uses to harness and use resources acquired from figments of his imagination and using them against real objects and things.Nightmare fuel: is this even science anymore?

I found them through deep web searching. These were written by Kevin himself, apparently.

Wilson's Field Notes - Meat Effigy

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5509[/ATTACH]

I am in an environment much harsher than that to which I am accustomed. Everything here is trying to kill me, or eat me, or… worse. It’s almost as bad as graduate school!

If I am to survive this place, I fear I must resort to drastic measures. That’s okay, though, for I am a Scientist, and my Science is nothing if not drastic. I think that if I build a wooden effigy of myself, and fill it full of meat, I can create an insurance policy against violent death. It’s a technique that’s well-known amongst the scientific community.

Maybe I should throw in some of my beard hairs as well. It couldn’t hurt!

I didn't realize that blood magic was an essential part of modernized science... interesting.

I didn't realize that blood magic was an essential part of modernized science... interesting.

Like Kevin has said before, while Wilson considers himself to be a scientist, others in the scientific community might not be so inclined to agree with that assertion...

Like Kevin has said before, while Wilson considers himself to be a scientist, others in the scientific community might not be so inclined to agree with that assertion...

Is there somewhere I might go to see where Kevin is saying all of these things? Or are all of these facts simply spread around by random things Kevin says throughout the forums and/or other sites?I just want to get my facts straight is all, instead of going by word of mouth (or typing in this case).

Is there somewhere I might go to see where Kevin is saying all of these things? Or are all of these facts simply spread around by random things Kevin says throughout the forums and/or other sites?I just want to get my facts straight is all, instead of going by word of mouth (or typing in this case).

Its kinda plastered throughout the Update threads. He tells these tiny facts during and update's preview stream.

Its kinda plastered throughout the Update threads. He tells these tiny facts during and update's preview stream.

So he's taking the Maxwell approach is he? Or perhaps he is Maxwell, leaving a little breadcrumb trail for us to follow. I do remember him saying that Willow was in her late teens and that the teddy bear she was seen holding was just to make her seem innocent. The first livestream I saw as the "A Little Rain Must Fall" update, so I may be a tad behind.