Walls to be usefull!

While being inside base, standing there i realized, that walls work a bit not logicly - let me show some of examples, 1) why you can use crafting station too far even if your way to station block the walls? could it be removed? 2) why mobs hit you even if you are behind the walls and they cant get inside? could it be removed also? This would make wall better in my opinion! thx for reading

5 minutes ago, Keller Max said:

I also think that walls should repair themself over time of not being damaged and get fully destroyed only if their health reaches 0.

only if they heal non player damage because all the wall stage are used for base bulding, even the totally broken ones

11 hours ago, ALEXZANDER YT said:

1) why you can use crafting station too far even if your way to station block the walls? could it be removed?

i dont get why this is annoying

for my server they are usefull cause - custom wall reballance mod ))

6 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Standing here, I realize

That walls are just decor, they're meant to be pretty

its is decor cause its developers fault wich made walls like paper (but i use mod as i sayd before wich make walls very usefull)

On 3/18/2022 at 8:47 AM, Cheggf said:

Standing here, I realize

That walls are just decor, they're meant to be pretty

They are for deceiving noobs. Just look at the character quotes. They can also be used to pen *some* mobs.

But yeah, OP wants walls to be better at what they aren't made for.

One thing they're useful for (unless this's been changed recently):

The Deerclops seems to be ESPECIALLY offended by walls, and will smash them first.  This can give enough time to whack the Deerclops right there or aggro her away, before the things that would be _harder_ to rebuild get smashed.

I dunno if this still happens, but I do know that multiple times, when I had walls and a smashy boss showed up, they were like "F*ck THIS structure especially!" and took a long time smashing those before they got anywhere near my crock pot, fridge, prestithatitator, flingomatic, shadow manipulator...

(also I don't care if they're a "noob trap", I like the way they make my base look.  HowEVer, I only do this after I'm no longer hurting for basic supplies.)

...Notorious

7 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

(also I don't care if they're a "noob trap", I like the way they make my base look.  HowEVer, I only do this after I'm no longer hurting for basic supplies.)

Pretty much anything that doesn't spoil or loses durability over time can be used as decor in some way (aside from ash, dead Bernie, fur tufts and not deflated speedy balloons)

Archived